2015-2019 GMC Yukon performance full LED headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulldog5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Heck yeah. Ended up brushing it with Maguire's & mineral spirits then hittin the rad with rustoleum.

View attachment 305099

The plug wires showed up yesterday ended swapping those. Noticeable difference after 100K+.

Would have been easier with the drivers side 33x12.5 off instead of going around it. The plugs went out/in ok though sitting in a chair. Used a ball-swivel head ext get #3 and then a 1/4" fuel hose at the plug end to fish around the steering shaft and in. #8 under the PS firewall sucked. Ended up using the fuel hose to fish that one in too. Two 1/2" ratchets - a torque & a shorter with a single 3/8" extension got 8 out/in but wasn't easy.

Put the lower tow hook valence in Friday night also. That seemed about as fun as the spark plugs. Broke one of the fog light clips but all holds together tight. Good time to clean the frame a bit with those wheel liners out. Ended up doing lazy-job just hitting what made sense with the rustoleum. Will definitely need to strip'er down again before winter and do everything before the salt wins.

Truck looks great - what tires are you running BTW?
I just did the same: upgraded LED headlight units and same grill (ebay?). Did you get your emblem to line up nicely with the grill?

Looks awesome bud!

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks great - what tires are you running BTW?
I just did the same: upgraded LED headlight units and same grill (ebay?). Did you get your emblem to line up nicely with the grill?

Looks awesome bud!
Thanks. Tires are atturo trail blade. Grill is ebay and no the emblem standoff had to be trimmed down quite a bit. Ended up using black flex seal to re-form the standoff and make it flush without any rattle. What did you end up doing with yours?

Bulldog5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. Tires are atturo trail blade. Grill is ebay and no the emblem standoff had to be trimmed down quite a bit. Ended up using black flex seal to re-form the standoff and make it flush without any rattle. What did you end up doing with yours?

Emblem is just on there and not well aligned. Will be taking back to get the back shaved off.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haw are the lights working out ? anyone else have some more pictures of the headlights on your trucks would love to see more

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's notable improvement over the stock HID's. Want to figure out an "8-HI" mod and keep the fogs on when switching to the hi-beam though.

Installed a cam and uploaded this clip; backing out a driveway that shows them off a bit and then out of a small town, eventually onto the freeway toggling the brights near the end of the clip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a7g3NyORRcYrl88E9nEhlcBbK8JeOJms/view?usp=sharing

Bulldog5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
did some night driving and the lights have improved the experience 1000%. Stock HIDs at night poor - these lights are incredibly bright, the high beams work perfectly (auto highbeam works). I have the LED fogs as well and they do a great job of lighting up the road in poor weather as well. Highly recommend for a plug and play solution. Fitment could be better vs. OEM but the performance outweighs the small issues with fitment.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove 20+hrs from MN to the east coast MD and 20+ hours back deciding the hi-beams aren't sufficient and low-beam+fogs are better. The hi-beam LEDs don't cast far enough, are too narrow, and look too blue making it easy to over-drive them at 70mph and tougher to see big game until you're on top of them or they're in the middle of the road. Since (like most stock setups) the fogs go out when hi-beams are triggered, this compounds the problem of losing site of the ditch and about 30'x30' in front of the truck is muted real quick. Thinking of moving the fog sw to a separate relay to battery to keep them on when using hi-beam. That or try and flush mount a high-end pair of square pods between the tow hooks.

Last edited:

Bulldog5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi-beam working well for me. This is driving through the rocky mountains...

dfatownsend

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any other or new opinions on these lights from you guys? It’s been a few months and curious if you’re still satisfied with the XB’s. Seriously looking in to buying a set. Suggestions??

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Any other or new opinions on these lights from you guys? It’s been a few months and curious if you’re still satisfied with the XB’s. Seriously looking in to buying a set. Suggestions??
My 5 month synopsis is that they aren't as bright as I was hoping they would be, I may have just gotten a slightly dimmer set than others, but they aren't as bright as the Diode Dynamic SL1's that I had in the stock assemblies. other than that I'v been very happy with them. I would definitely purchase them again without a doubt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14