2015-2019 GMC Yukon performance full LED headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look great installed. The fact that the headlight housing is darker looks really good on your black truck.

Would like to see some light output pics; On a flat white wall and downroad.

Every time I drive my wife's '13 Escalade ESV at night I'm reminded just how ****** the light output on my '15 Yukon Denali XL w/ OEM HID's is. I would take the Bi-Xenon OEM HID's in her '13 ESV any day over the K2XX OEM HID's.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Certainly better output than the stock HID's. While it's not listed in the install instructions - it's helpful to make sure the passenger headlight is adjusted to the intended height before putting things back together. Once installed the DS can easily be leveled with a Philips head but the passenger will require unconventional methods. Didn't see any right/left adjustments on these. First complaint is that the DS housing has a slight hint of blue tint while the passenger appears closer to 5K white against a white wall. I'll add a couple photos of how mine project at night. Definitely a functional upgrade though.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally had some downtime and installed the headlights. I had purchased the foglights with these a year ago and had them sitting for the last year. I put those in as well. Straightforward install. Fitment in the headlights could be better but they're not bad and are beautiful in person.

Haven't had a chance to check light output at night but they looked pretty dam good during the day. I'll get some night shots this week along with changing the grill.

Attachments

• 20210705_082436.jpg
    20210705_082436.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210705_114834.jpg
    20210705_114834.jpg
    621.2 KB · Views: 30

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I finally had some downtime and installed the headlights. I had purchased the foglights with these a year ago and had them sitting for the last year. I put those in as well. Straightforward install. Fitment in the headlights could be better but they're not bad and are beautiful in person.

Haven't had a chance to check light output at night but they looked pretty dam good during the day. I'll get some night shots this week along with changing the grill.
Whenever you take some night pictures, could you snap a fog light only pic? I bought the same Morimoto fogs to go with the headlights and they don't seem to be as bright as I was expecting.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep forgetting to take night shots of the heads myself but have been enjoying them a lot over the stock HID's still. Ended up putting in a pair of yellow fog LED bulbs last year and they kickass over the stock halogen. Not sure how the morimoto fogs turned out but since they didn't come in 3000k I passed. I'll edit photos into this post tonight when I expect to be using that truck.

Morimoto lights at night in the rain: July 7 2021 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SuU4R1bDOPIjEjPYho4XNwSstlqa4h64/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely get some fog only shots. I had some 5000K leds in the stock housings and they were bright as hell. Could use them without headlights at night and have no trouble seeing but I suspect due to the scattered reflection of those housings I was blinding oncoming traffic. I have been highbeamed alot and could see clearly into the back of people's cars with just the fogs on.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That output looks really nice. Great cut-off and light output below the cut-off is better than OEM Denali HID from what I can see.

Decent output in the rain/wet ground too.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That output looks really nice. Great cut-off and light output below the cut-off is better than OEM Denali HID from what I can see.

Decent output in the rain/wet ground too.

Edit: Duplicate post.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I'll definitely get some fog only shots. I had some 5000K leds in the stock housings and they were bright as hell. Could use them without headlights at night and have no trouble seeing but I suspect due to the scattered reflection of those housings I was blinding oncoming traffic. I have been highbeamed alot and could see clearly into the back of people's cars with just the fogs on.
Thanks. Mine look to be about the same brightness. My old fogs where exactly what you described, ridiculously bright and basically acted as a third headlight. I guess I wasn't expecting the Morimoto's to be less lumens and more focused from the projector.. but honestly that's probably a good thing, I rarely got flashed with the old ones but I know they probably annoyed people with how bright they where.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid