2015-2019 GMC Yukon performance full LED headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with BlackYukon, the low beams are not as bright as I had hoped but still an improvement over the stock HID. Although, I have several other vehicles that produce better light output but with 55w HID's in comparison. It's very easy to out-drive the low beams at 55mph. The hi-beams are not great and cast a 6000k bluish color range that make things appear foggy at a distance compared to an HID. I'm now looking to fab custom projector housings that will run somewhere in the bumper. My plan will be to install 55w HID's in 3000k yellow as I have on 2 other SUV's that make a word of difference.

These XB's do look nice though and make the truck a bit more unique looking. Can't say I'd spend the $$ again for these though. The fit isn't exactly perfect either making the drivers side sit slightly off seem but you can't tell unless you pop the hood and look close. They do hold up in the car wash well. So far I've had zero fogging issues.. winter is right around the corner though, so we'll see.

Xsbank

Reaction score
Morimoto makes crappy nice stuff. The fog lights I put in my F150 are useless and like a Liberal, I still bought Morimoto fog lights for my Denali and they are also very nice but they are useless as fog lights. Be very afraid of Morimoto, they offer lots and deliver very poor light, which is really what they are supposed to be selling.

I really regret wasting my time with Morimoto, not only because their useless stuff is on my truck but I also regret all the time I wasted making their “plug and play” crap actually fit. Now I will have a really hard time selling this junk.

Last edited:

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with BlackYukon, the low beams are not as bright as I had hoped but still an improvement over the stock HID. Although, I have several other vehicles that produce better light output but with 55w HID's in comparison. It's very easy to out-drive the low beams at 55mph. The hi-beams are not great and cast a 6000k bluish color range that make things appear foggy at a distance compared to an HID. I'm now looking to fab custom projector housings that will run somewhere in the bumper. My plan will be to install 55w HID's in 3000k yellow as I have on 2 other SUV's that make a word of difference.

These XB's do look nice though and make the truck a bit more unique looking. Can't say I'd spend the $$ again for these though. The fit isn't exactly perfect either making the drivers side sit slightly off seem but you can't tell unless you pop the hood and look close. They do hold up in the car wash well. So far I've had zero fogging issues.. winter is right around the corner though, so we'll see.
can you post pictures of the fitment issues ?

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI just got mine and installed them and couldn't be happier ..... yes the fitment gaps could be a little better but as far as brightness way better then my hids and when compared to my 2020 acadia led headlights the brights are better then them as well

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my left headlight has been taking on moisture. Appears one of the seals between the lense and housing is bad because it happens even when it doesn't rain. Debating between contacting TRS, using a heat gun to fix it myself or just removing them altogether. Sucks because it is an attractive light.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
So my left headlight has been taking on moisture. Appears one of the seals between the lense and housing is bad because it happens even when it doesn't rain. Debating between contacting TRS, using a heat gun to fix it myself or just removing them altogether. Sucks because it is an attractive light.
I think these come with a 5 year warranty. It might be worth it just to have it replaced with a new unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts