2015-2017 Fender Flares?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have these flares?

Tahoe flares 3.JPG

Last edited:

TXZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These flares come standard on Tahoes sold in Europe.

Tahoe flares 5.JPG

Last edited:

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the EGR OEM fender flares for my 2015 Tahoe at the paint shop as we speak.
https://www.chevroletonlineparts.com/oem-parts/gm-fender-flare-set-by-egr-19417232?c=az0x
Hoping to pickup on Monday 4/26

Paid around $350 for the plain ABS plastic and now $200-250 for the prime and paint. This guy does good work but VERY slow, been trying not to rush him so that they turn out well.

I need to dry-fit the flares, then I have a little trimming to the front wheel well/bumper (hoping to avoid cutting anywhere the flares are going) and then install.
Once completed I will upload photos.

I can say, the ABS plastic is just smooth and plain and does not match other black ABS on the exterior of the vehicle.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLY! Fender Flares have been painted to match the vehicle body and are now installed.
And, they actually look pretty darn good, IMO.

The local paint guy I chose (Maine has many small businesses and I like to support local, ie: within 10 miles of my home) took A LOT longer with them than originally promised. I'd give him an A- on the paint job, but he did agree to "touch up" the spots I'm not happy with free of charge.

Installation of the flares was done by a local auto shop that was also installing my new wheels/tires. I figured while it was there in the shop I may as well have someone familiar with installation go ahead and do it. He did a great job and I only needed to fix about 1cm of the weather stripping (included hardware with this fender flare set) where he had not gotten it seated onto the body properly. The flares line up really well with the Tahoe body, particularly the rear passenger doors. You may or may not realize, but the REAR fender flares are actually 2 pieces, as the Tahoe rear passenger door includes a portion of the wheel well.

Overall I am happy with the purchase. At the end of the day I saved about $400 buying the basic plastic flares and then having them professionally painted. The best I could find the Gloss Black painted flares for was about $900 plus shipping. I paid $560 TOTAL for the flares and painting. Paid additional $150 for installation - this was a choice due to time constraints and my desire to get the job done right the first time. Honestly didn't have a lot of faith in my ability to get them to look really good on my first attempt at fender flares.

Let me know if you need answers to any questions...glad to help!

FenderFlares3 - 5.2021.jpg FenderFlares4 - 5.2021.jpg

FenderFlares1 - 5.2021.jpg FenderFlares2 - 5.2021.jpg

Safe Travels!

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get a full side shot...

They fit the style of your ride very well...
Just not feeling the lines and style of the flare itself.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@STORMIN08 - I understand completely your thoughts regarding the lines and style of these fender flares.
Unfortunately, there really is just nothing out there in the marketplace for these trucks! The primary reason for choosing these flares was the fact that they are OE. I knew they would fit and look okay. I am yet to see a GM accessory that looks bad on a truck...
That being said, and since they are OE, these flares should be thought of more as TRIM accessory IMO. I believe I measured 3/4" at the widest point of the flare. My door trim is about 1/3" for comparison.

My research has basically confirmed the general market viewpoint - these SUVs are thought of as people/cargo/toy haulers with different levels of luxuries (and headaches). Overlanding and off-roading are not necessarily selling points, right? Since there is really no market for items such as fender flares, or it is so small, there are no companies that are putting $s toward developing a product. Since the Silverado wheel well / wheel body area are different enough from the Tahoe/Suburban, we can't use those products.
What I did find was custom fender flares. If you really want something that provides actual tire coverage and looks good, then a custom job is the only way to accomplish that. SCA Performance is a great example. https://www.scaperformance.com/chevy-tahoe But, to get their fender flares you have to purchase the entire package deal.

Anyways, you had asked for a side shot:

FenderFlares5 - full side view - 5.2021.jpg

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say this, I will eat my words....
That pic is far better than the angles to show that flare...makes me like it.

The Maroon one early in thread looks great, must have been the angles for you post...but the side shot looks great, and really like the wheel. I am heavily considering a take off set for mine now that tires are need and the lift is on the bench

Last edited: