2014 Z71 Tahoe/What intakes fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kuhndog-11

Reaction score
I am guessing this will be seen as a stupid question but it is coming from a dodge guy. We bought a 2014 tahoe LT Z71 and, as you do, stared looking into exhaust and intake options. Not looking for power increases but want to make it sound a little more grunty. My question is, do silverado 1500 cai fit in these tahoes? My gut says yes because the body styles are the same from windshield forward if i'm not mistaken. This is literally my first chevy so this is all new to me. It is a family hauler so power gains are not my focus.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am guessing this will be seen as a stupid question but it is coming from a dodge guy. We bought a 2014 tahoe LT Z71 and, as you do, stared looking into exhaust and intake options. Not looking for power increases but want to make it sound a little more grunty. My question is, do silverado 1500 cai fit in these tahoes? My gut says yes because the body styles are the same from windshield forward if i'm not mistaken. This is literally my first chevy so this is all new to me. It is a family hauler so power gains are not my focus.
Depends on the year, they changed the maf sensor design at some point, if you go to the blackbear perfomance website and poke around they have a list of intakes they tested for the nnbs.
@BlackBearPerf
I run the K&N blackhawk on mine (dryfilter)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

There are no stupid questions in this Forum. Generally, the stupid question is the one that is not asked, and then the answer hit you smack in the face.

Good that you are not looking for any noticeable power increases, as a CAI won't give you any. Many of these trucks come with CAI as OEM equipment, though they are not obviously noticeable or 'flashy'. You will get some sound changes on acceleration with an aftermarket CAI, so the question is, how much money are you willing to spend for a different sound coming from under the hood.

Lots of exhaust options are available for these trucks. My best advice to you is to explore videos on YouTube showing the sound of different exhaust brands and models, and find the one or two that sound best for your tastes. Folks here use Magnaflow, Corsa, Borla, Gibson, and others, but even within those brands, different models produce different sounds.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The Airaid MIT #200-996 is the best bang for the buck.

It is a smooth tube (loses the accordion section as well as the Hemholtz chambers on the factory tube that help quiet the intake sounds) that goes between the factory air box (which sucks "cold" air out of the fender) and the throttle body.

Black Bear performance showed that, from a power to price ratio, this tube was the winner on the GMT900 platform.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Airaid MIT #200-996 is the best bang for the buck.

It is a smooth tube (loses the accordion section as well as the Hemholtz chambers on the factory tube that help quiet the intake sounds) that goes between the factory air box (which sucks "cold" air out of the fender) and the throttle body.

Black Bear performance showed that, from a power to price ratio, this tube was the winner on the GMT900 platform.

All I've seen on the Blackbear website test page is dyno info for the 6.2l engine, but nothing for the 5.3l.

I assume the 6.2 responds much better to bolt-on mods than the 5.3 and wish there was a similar test for our little V8.

OP
OP
Kuhndog-11

Kuhndog-11

Reaction score
All I've seen on the Blackbear website test page is dyno info for the 6.2l engine, but nothing for the 5.3l.

I assume the 6.2 responds much better to bolt-on mods than the 5.3 and wish there was a similar test for our little V8.

That is an important detail I didn't notice.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an important detail I didn't notice.

Industry standard "marketing ****".

I'm sure an intake/tune/exhaust will produce noticeable gains, especially with throttle remapping and transmission tuning.

Off-topic, but I miss the old Saabs and their reverse-engineered open-source tuning software. Free stage 1-3 tuning wizards, and stage 4+ custom tunes for as far as high as you dared to go. A stock engine + 3" downpipe, larger injectors, and junkyard Dodge Cummins Holset (lolset) HX/HY35 turbo swap (both used the T3 manifold/turbo flange) with free to you tune would give you 500whp.