Another option…2011 Chevy Tahoe 85k miles - thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the shock parts can be replaced with arnott's with lifetime warranty and a new pump for less than $1500 in parts, then if you really do not want to do it yourself then whatever labor cost is probably less than $500 the old shocks would need to be returned for the core credit.
you could do it yourself in a couple hours with common tools, it's not hard at all, i'm part idiot and if I can do it anybody can
i would try and "negotiate" the price over that factor but there going to come back with it's got low miles so....
I would not suggest getting rid of the autoride it is a nice feature.

Yikes. I sure hope you didn't pay $1500 for Arnott junk. You can buy the factory stuff on Rock Auto for a little less than that and also get a lifetime warranty. The Mag ride is a little more but the Z55 Auto Ride shocks are ~$280 each (there are a couple different options for the front and the price varies slightly) and the compressor is $342 which works with either suspension option.

Last edited:

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do if you want a particular truck bad enough. If you don't care what you're buying, then sure, play games and risk missing out. There aren't but a couple of 45k mile 2014's in the country so...
I mean that’s cool and all, but it’s still just a 2014 Yukon…..it will do nothing but de-value. There are millions of them in junkyards. A great vehicle but still just a Yukon so………

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes. I sure hope you didn't pay $1500 for Arnott junk. You can buy the factory stuff on Rock Auto for a little less than that and also get a lifetime warranty. The Mag ride is a little more but the Z55 Auto Ride shocks are ~$280 each (there are a couple different options for the front and the price varies slightly) and the compressor is $342 which works with either suspension option.
I was mistaken that was for the rear arnott and front oem and pump
the rear arnott air shock are $199 each + $50 refundable core
I bought mine 5 years ago and they still work perfectly
it's worth noting they did a re-design of there shock before i purchased mine, the older design did get a number of poor reviews

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean that’s cool and all, but it’s still just a 2014 Yukon…..it will do nothing but de-value. There are millions of them in junkyards. A great vehicle but still just a Yukon so………

As stated, there are only but a couple of sub 50k mile trucks available in the country (currently 4 Yukons under 50k on Cargurus and only this one is the only Denali). If you want to drive a high mileage, beat up, turd for the cheapest price possible and fix it with super glue and duct tape, that’s fine. There’s a rear for every seat, they ALL sell eventually. But some of us want particular colors, options, condition, etc. so you can claim “it’s just a 2014 Yukon” all you want, but it isn’t. It’s got 43k miles on it. When you find what you’re looking for you can try and play the game but if it’s “the one,” you can’t play it hard.

I looked every day for 2 years for my Infrared 2008 Escalade with black interior, 2WD, in good condition, and without crazy miles. The only thing I would have settled on was changing the red to Blue Chip or it could have been a 2009. It was a one owner, always in GA, and 132k miles. I called the next day (found it after they had closed), did a little negotiation over the phone but accepted what they offered, put a deposit on it to hold it, drove 2.5 hours to look at it 2 days later, confirmed the condition, wrote a check, and drove it home. It was “the one” and it’s staying with me for the rest of its life. It’s not “just” a 2008 Escalade, even more so now with all I’ve done it. You clearly won’t understand, but it’s “right,” it drives better than most other 900s including the 12 Yukon I sold (I looked for a year for this one and drove 3 hours) and the 13 ESV I also have (didn’t look long enough but I was in a rush before a baby came).

Last edited:

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated, there are only but a couple of sub 50k mile trucks available in the country (currently 4 Yukons under 50k on Cargurus and only this one is the only Denali). If you want to drive a high mileage, beat up, turd for the cheapest price possible and fix it with super glue and duct tape, that’s fine. There’s a rear for every seat, they ALL sell eventually. But some of us want particular colors, options, condition, etc. so you can claim “it’s just a 2014 Yukon” all you want, but it isn’t. It’s got 43k miles on it. When you find what you’re looking for you can try and play the game but if it’s “the one,” you can’t play it hard.

I looked every day for 2 years for my Infrared 2008 Escalade with black interior, 2WD, in good condition, and without crazy miles. The only thing I would have settled on was changing the red to Blue Chip or it could have been a 2009. It was a one owner, always in GA, and 132k miles. I called the next day (found it after they had closed), did a little negotiation over the phone but accepted what they offered, put a deposit on it to hold it, drove 2.5 hours to look at it 2 days later, confirmed the condition, wrote a check, and drove it home. It was “the one” and it’s staying with me for the rest of its life. It’s not “just” a 2008 Escalade, even more so now with all I’ve done it. You clearly won’t understand, but it’s “right,” it drives better than most other 900s including the 12 Yukon I sold (I looked for a year for this one and drove 3 hours) and the 13 ESV I also have (didn’t look long enough but I was in a rush before a baby came).
Cool story man.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All three of my trucks were purchased out of state. For the first, we drove up, inspected the truck and made the deal at a little dealership and drove it home. The other two were purchased sight unseen (We did see all the photos we wanted though) at GM dealerships, we did the paperwork and then flew in to pick them up and drive them home. I paid near $30K for the last one back in September and it had 75K miles on it. Like @91RS, we were also looking for very specific trucks and once found, had to act fast to secure the deal.

My children were involved in every transaction and driving the trucks home made memories that will last a lifetime.

Runfor5

Reaction score
Hi! Lurker here but I literally bought a 2014 Denali like you're looking at, back in summer 2021. Yes, the peak of vehicle prices LOL. But we had kiddo #3 on the way and needed a bigger ride than our Jeep and my S-10 Blazer. Anyways, for reference, I purchased at 122k miles, white diamond tri-coat, tan interior, Z55 auto-ride suspension, and factory tow package (w integrated controller). The 6.2 is awesome. Bought for about $25.7, effectively $27k out the door. Yeah, a lot. But many we looked at were beat to hell like you said, and the subsequent generation staring in 2015 MY were like $40k+, too much for us back then. Prices have remained high on these low-mileage ones based on my occasional browsing. I have literally the same dash crack as this, top left corner of the airbag, and it's made me hesitate to have the airbag recall done still.

That said, we've put about 14k miles on the truck thus far and it's been great! I replaced both front wheel hubs upon purchase and did all fluids (not trans yet). About to do new front calipers as they appear original. I have small axle seal (passenger side) and oil cooler line leaks starting, but have left it alone for now. Did I over-pay? Probably. But am I kind of a GM wh ore? Yes, and I love the truck. Readily available parts, good price, and easy to work on. Curious to see if you proceed with buying!

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, there was a 2011 Tahoe with 32K miles for sale in Illinois last week. $26K. Was going to check it out but it was "Gone in 60 Seconds".

Rust is the issue here in the midwest. My 2010 w/85K miles is just starting to have some pinhole bubbles just above the rear wheel wells. Common rust area I would check.

KelZu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty low mileage. I bought mine during the pandemic and had the same doubts/questions but it turned out well for me. I picked up a 2013 Tahoe LTZ with 62k miles back in 2021 (8 years old at the time). Clean car fax as well. I took it to the Chevy dealer to get a full inspection and they raved about how great the condition was. I guess I got lucky. Sometimes the low mileage is due to the gas prices, who knows... Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberv96