Another option…2011 Chevy Tahoe 85k miles - thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil consumption seems to get a lot of them out of the blue now that they have age on them, especially the ones that were taken care of. I have a coworker who thought he was going to be replacing the engine on his brother's 2009 Tahoe recently (low oil pressure light and very noisy) which "never used oil" and turned out that it had maybe 2 quarts of oil left in it. I guess, for me, it is just a chance I wouldn't take. The power of the 6.2L is worth it because they drive so much better with adequate power and the fuel economy isn't much different; however, you *should* use premium with the 6.2L.

I'll take a chance with the AFM since if that fails it is an opportunity for a small upgrade, but I wouldn't take the chance on oil consumption. It is a massive amount of work to put right and while you can upgrade while you're there, a stroker in a big truck isn't really what they need and stroker parts are big bucks. If someone has to pay a shop to put it right, it would cost the value of the truck, which most people are not willing to spend. Personally, I will put stupid money into these trucks to keep them on the road because the new ones are such trash and I'm not interested in an EV, but most people have been conditioned to throw away cars now and buy new at the first hiccup.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I just learned something new today. Has anyone tried filing a warranty claim on the shocks? I'm curious to know if they are indeed lifetime warrantied
Not sure if anyone answered but I did. I had an issue withe the auto ride coil in one rear Arnott. Replaced at no cost no questions asked.

Toyota2Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a 2011 with 104k miles for 19k. Cracked dash, replaced spark plugs, wires, oil change, and dropped the transmission pan changed the gasket fluid and filter. Also replaced the sway bar links.

Still need to replace the belt tensioner, and the coolant lines to the heater block and tranny, also going to replace the valve cover gasket as I’ve heard they get brittle after this many miles.

This looks nice but I wouldn’t poke it for 30k… While mine came from up north, age still (often) comes with a lot of upfront maintenance and unexpected expenses to get her right. Best of luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345