2014 Yukon Denali (6.2L) cranks but won't start...ideas..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove the 'ol girl home 3.5 hours on Friday. Went to start her the next day, the engine turns over but doesn't fire. I noticed that the fuel pump isn't priming when turning the key to the 'on' position.

Did some research and come to understand that 2014's control the fuel pump through a Fuel System Control Module that's located above the spare tire. All my fuses are good, so I'm left with either replacing the FSCM or the pump.

Normally if I can't isolate a failure to the component level, I start with what's easier/quicker to change/test. In my case both options suck.
The fuel pump is a couple hundred bucks and looks to be a several hour job to drop the tank and replace the pump. The FSCM replacement looks to be pretty quick (unplug and remove/reinstall) however the new FSCM will require it to be programmed to my VIN. I don't have the equipment to do this (although I'm familiar with PCM programming and have used HP Tuners to program a different car) at the moment and the FSCM + programming cost as much/more than the actual fuel pump.

Anyone have suggestions on how to isolate the FSCM from the pump?

OP
OP
M

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was an informative video, thanks for sharing. It wasn't on my list when I google'd (actually DDG) the issue.

I have a P069e code, so I guess I need to break out the multi-meter and do some testing.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
that was an informative video, thanks for sharing. It wasn't on my list when I google'd (actually DDG) the issue.

I have a P069e code, so I guess I need to break out the multi-meter and do some testing.
Looks like the FSCM might be bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14