2014 Tahoe???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blairian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not saying I don't have faith! Just know how things can go when it is first mass produced. The NNBS has proven itself long enough for me to sink my money into it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a first year NNBS with no problems as have many others. It's not like it will be the first vehicle GM has ever made...

blairian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a first year NNBS with no problems as have many others. It's not like it will be the first vehicle GM has ever made...

True words, but Ford said the same thing about their new and tested tough 6.0's back in the day and those were notoriously bad - mine was no exception to that. Left a bad taste in my mouth for purchasing a new run vehicle, especially with new or tweaked engines.

I'm sure the 2014's will be, by and large, rock solid...but for this kind of money I prefer to not take my chances. I'm one of those wait and let them figure the problems out over a couple years kind of people.

If it has been improved and proven to be as reliable, if not more so than the prior generation, then it wouldn't be off the table as a future purchase. That is, assuming I can stand the new look.[

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they ever get the 6.0 right? I can't remember is GM changing the engine? If not it is only a face lift so nothing to worry about.

blairian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they ever get the 6.0 right? I can't remember is GM changing the engine? If not it is only a face lift so nothing to worry about.

Not really, by and large they have maintained a very poor reputation. It did take a few years and some tweaks before they were able to remedy a large majority of the issues that people had been having.

From what I've read the 2014's are not going to be getting a new engine, but it will be tweaked and upgraded for more power. That alone makes me nervous enough...hopefully with the tweaks they made sure to over-engineer it

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've read the 2014's are not going to be getting a new engine, but it will be tweaked and upgraded for more power. That alone makes me nervous enough...hopefully with the tweaks they made sure to over-engineer it

They do it every few years in the Diesels and they are fine.

beltboy1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Debut date?

Anyone know when the 2014 tahoe/yukon will debut at an auto show?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts