2014 Tahoe FPCM No Ign. 1 Signal P069E and P2534 codes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9ErnieSSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2014 Tahoe SSV had a Check Engine light and Service Trailer Brake message on the DIC. Scan Tool shows P069E and P2534. Replaced both batteries so that shouldn't be a factor. Cleaned the grounds near the FCSM. I noticed on the Scan Tool that the Fuel Pump Control Module didnt show any voltage on the Ign. 1 Signal. I am guessing I need to follow the pink wire back. Is this correct or am should I be looking at something else?

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 Tahoe SSV had a Check Engine light and Service Trailer Brake message on the DIC. Scan Tool shows P069E and P2534. Replaced both batteries so that shouldn't be a factor. Cleaned the grounds near the FCSM. I noticed on the Scan Tool that the Fuel Pump Control Module didnt show any voltage on the Ign. 1 Signal. I am guessing I need to follow the pink wire back. Is this correct or am should I be looking at something else?
Sounds like you are on the right track. As you probably know, the trailer brake controller is in the FPCM, so any wiring glitches to that module could trigger that message.

There are a number YouTube videos of a guys who run shops and do a lot of GM fixit videos. If you do a YouTube search with "FPCM wiring". The first few hits may be helpful.

Good Luck.

Edit: Checked my shop manual for DTC's and the P2534 looks like the TCM isn't seeing the Ignition 1 voltage (or is low), so maybe the wiring glitch is further up the line.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
trailer brake control is separate and is likely mounted up under and near the edge of the gas tank, shop manuals show it on other locations, depends on the year.
I think it was @swathdiver ? that had to replace his and we had a heck of a time locating it.

OP
OP
K9ErnieSSV

K9ErnieSSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate the responses. Entire thing was self induced. Somehow fuse 43 for Aux HVAC is what sends the signal to the FCSM. When I was removing all the wiring left over from the PD it had a connector with two fuses attached plugged into spot 43. When I traced the wire back it was cut off so I removed the entire thing inducing all my errors.

If thats the only problem I have i'll condiser myself lucky!

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trailer brake control is separate and is likely mounted up under and near the edge of the gas tank, shop manuals show it on other locations, depends on the year.
I think it was @swathdiver ? that had to replace his and we had a heck of a time locating it.
Not surprised as I was under the impression the ITBCM was integrated inside the FPCM (also known as the FPTM, FPDM, etc.) on units that had the JL1 RPO.

Some must have as I went out looking and found this in the GM Parts Store on Amazon.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the responses. Entire thing was self induced. Somehow fuse 43 for Aux HVAC is what sends the signal to the FCSM. When I was removing all the wiring left over from the PD it had a connector with two fuses attached plugged into spot 43. When I traced the wire back it was cut off so I removed the entire thing inducing all my errors.

If thats the only problem I have i'll condiser myself lucky!
Great news. Good luck with the new rig.

There are quite a few very experienced guys on this forum that own PPV's (some more than one), who likely have been through whatever you encounter. Don't be a stranger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98