2014 SSV wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9ErnieSSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing well. Picked up a 2014 SSV this week and am in the process of removing all the wiring. I was hoping of being able to wait a while before doing this but an antenna wire end started smoking. Any suggestions on what to look out for would be greatly appreciated. I have both batteries disconnected while working on it.

Still looking for the brown wire for the horn to get it hooked back up although the Ray Allen system (K9 system) should be spliced in somewhere. My biggest issue is determining what is original wires and what has been added on.

Everything still seems to be functioning after I have removed everything from the center console although I now have a check engine light on which wasn't there prior to the work starting.

Knew this was going to be a project. Just a challenge when its the daily driver and raining a lot in southern Florida.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Yeah, the first chapter of retired police vehicle ownership is a hassle. You can get an inexpensive subscription to one of the online services for car repair and get access to the factory schematics. I use Mitchell.

If a wire was smoking it’s likely not fused correctly or at all. Some radio installers like to run directly off the battery posts. I’d look there. Or at the high current post on the fuse box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter