2014 PPV Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are numerous videos on YT to diagnose the front suspension and front wheel bearings/hubs.

I could tell you, but I'm honestly to lazy to type all of that out.

BrooklynGuppy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi yall,

I recently purchased a 2014 PPV with 100k miles, I love everything about it except it rides a little too rough. I've looked at multiple suspension threads but they all left me with more questions. Roughly, I need to swap the struts, coils and shocks but are all three failing or could I replace one at a time to find the culprit? I prefer the lowered look and Belltech seems to be the recommended brand but the links to the products are broken in old threads. Could you throw me any suggestions/links?

I live in a small town in Texas so the roads are rough and rarely get fixed but I feel way less stable driving the PPV out here than any other vehicle I've owned. At high speeds, there's a lot of play in the steering wheel making it difficult to stay in a straight line even while making constant micro adjustments. (Thought it was supposed to handle better at high speeds :doh2:)

I'd appreciate any and all advice!

View attachment 345557

View attachment 345558

View attachment 345559
Start out small and take a photo of your front swaybar's end links for us. The little rubber bushings on the ends wear out and fall away. Worn tie rods also contribute to wander as might worn tires.

I recommend that you only use GM OE parts, they last the longest but some more budget minded folks use ACDelco Professional and or MOOGs higher quality parts.

You shouldn't yet need to replace your control arms unless a ball joint has gone bad and prevents alignment.

What are the condition of the rear jounce bumpers? The front ones are inside the strut assembly. If you replace the struts, don't get pre-assembled ones unless a 40-50K or less lifespan is ok with you. Your 6XX and 7XX numbers on your RPO sheet (in the glove box) are your front strut codes.
I had a similar issue. Turned out to be the ball joints. The dealer I bought it from made good and replaced all 4. Before tearing it a part, check the ball joints, sway bar, stablizer links, tie rods etc... The cost of parts today is ridiculous. Process of elimination will cost you. Good luck and nice truck :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods