2014 PPV Seat Position Sensor wiring diagrams or Hack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asis03

Reaction score
Hello All, long time since I posted a thread here.
I changed the front seats on my 2014 PPV, took them form a 2012 Suburban.
The Airbag light is on my dash and the Check air bag message is on as well.
I got rid of the old seats thinking I was done with them, big mistake. Should have taken the wiring harness out of them as well.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Seat Position sensor under both driver and passenger seats?

I'm about to start experimenting switching the Seat position wires with in the connector see what pans out.. would be better if I had the diagram.

Thanks in advance.

waveryd

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2014 PPV that has the same issue. Previous owner changed the seats with seats from an older vehicle (maybe a Denali as it appears that the console came from a Denali). If you come up with anything please post. It will be a couple of weeks before I can tear into mine. Good luck.

OP
OP
Asis03

Asis03

Reaction score
Nothing yet, haven't started to do it. been wanting/waiting to buy a OBDII scanner that tells you which sensor is giving me the error so that when I start to move wires around, most likely will turn the light off on the spot.
Will post it if I am able to fix it tough! I want to sell the truck but been holding back due to that light.

ChunkePPV

Reaction score
Hello All, long time since I posted a thread here.
I changed the front seats on my 2014 PPV, took them form a 2012 Suburban.
The Airbag light is on my dash and the Check air bag message is on as well.
I got rid of the old seats thinking I was done with them, big mistake. Should have taken the wiring harness out of them as well.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Seat Position sensor under both driver and passenger seats?

I'm about to start experimenting switching the Seat position wires with in the connector see what pans out.. would be better if I had the diagram.

Thanks in advance.
If the seat was disconnected and swapped with a diff seat, not original it will need to be zeroed out otherwise will throw error, the correct module from a different vehicle will need to be reset. If the swapped seats only got power and ground you would need to get a module in there connected to the seat sensor, if your swapped seats are wired up correctly then you just have to rezero them out

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC