2014 PPV - Ontario

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked up my 2014 PPV from a local police force in Ontario today. It was purchased through govdeals.ca 224,000 km on it and I was the only bidder and got it for $5500 CDN.

My initial observations.

No lifter noise. I plugged in my Range AFM before the trip and hope it stays that way.

The tires are Eagle RSAs with good tread left on them. I found the ride on the highway to be good. Not too noisy. However, I have a a vibration at highway speed so I think they might need to be balanced. Is the Road Force balancer best for these?

There was excessive bouncing over bumps. I think that the shocks and struts could use changing. There are new springs in the back.

The interior is a mess. They dropped in a middle seat/console in the front. Not attached to anything. Not sure if I'll keep that.

There's a brand new back seat too. Just sitting there with no nuts holding it down. I think I'll have to get that attached before the safety inspection on Tuesday.

The driver's bottom seat cushion needs to be replaced.

All kinds of holes, missing handles, trim pieces etc. Nothing too bad.

The hubcaps are missing and need to be replaced. The lower trim on the front bumper is chewed up.

I replaced some bulbs and the only light I can't get to work is the LH brake light. Any tips on this?

Aside from that I'm happy to have it and look forward to driving it and doing some work on it.

View attachment 346226

Congrats on your vehicle purchase. I picked up a '14 in about 4 years ago with 204K on it and I now have 264K on it.

If you can replace the O-ring on the oil pickup tube when you can, that'll keep the oil pressure steady on the vehicle.

I replaced my front and rear shocks last week with the OEM AC Delco parts - which surprising weren't terribly expensive and the truck is riding amazing.

Your u-joints might be shot, hence the vibration at the higher speeds - I also had mine replaced last week and the vibration at 120-129KM/H is gone.

Wish I had done the shocks and u-joints much, much earlier.

My driver's seat cushion - bottom and back rests were toast and I got the OEM cushions via https://www.tubmangmpartsdepot.ca/. Took about 2 hours to replace them taking my time and the seat feels so much better.

Other than that just change your fluids and plugs if they haven't been done so for you already.

OP
OP
P

ppvfan

Reaction score
An update of where I am so far. Still not on the road but getting close.

I reassembled the liftgate handle with a new switch and put the interior panel back on. It works!

Took apart the LH passenger door and added some Kilmat to the exterior door panel.
Loosened the door lock actuator so I could add my new locking rod. Closed everything up and attached the lock tab. That worked as well.

I still have to do the right door but that should go much faster.

Best News

Discovered where my 2014 2nd row seat is and arranged with the guy who bought the 2016 PPV with my seat to meet and trade seats. That should solve my nagging seat belt issues and get me almost ready for a safety inspection.

OP
OP
P

ppvfan

Reaction score
The last piece of my seat belt puzzle is finally figured out. I was able to attach a 2014 LH passenger seat belt buckle on both the LH and RH side of the 2016 seat I have. It is a double buckle and since there doesn't appear to be any extra room in there I'll cut off the unused side of each.

I also spent some time removing rust and painting the affected areas of the front fenders. They will look good at 20 feet or 20 mph, whatever the old saying was.

As of next Thursday I should be able to finally get this saftied and on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons