2014 PPV/Intermediate hesitation/bogging/stumble with AC on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azpro1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, new here. I've got a 2014 ppv, 105k, lmg 5.3.

While accelerating with air conditioning on, I get a strange hesitation that feels like the motor isn't getting enough air or fuel. I cannot find specs for fuel pressure at different throttle/load scenarios, but this is what I have:

Fuel pressure is rather steady at 45 psi when idling/accelerating gently. Occasionally rises to 50+ in some wot scenarios. I have replaced intake manifold gaskets, spark plugs, plug wires, throttle body, app sensor, #8 fuel injector because it had intermittent misfire.

I also replaced oil pressure sensor screen, vvt actuator, vvt oil control solenoid, knock sensors. Some of the items I replaced just due to vehicle mileage and because it had unknown service history. I have also added larger trans cooler, replaced filter and exchanged fluid for new in trans.

I replaced all 02 sensors to freshen things up and noticed bank2 sensor1 was responding a little slowly so ive unplugged it and it seems the issue may have resolved. I will be replacing today. Was just curious if anyone has any other ideas for me to look into. Also maf and map have been replaced.
Thanks in advance!

Hoeston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is how my older sedan drives with ac on and it is said to be normal for it. It was explained the in combination with the moderately sized alternator, when the ac is running there is a large load and will seem to bog the engine some. Seems as it has become worse over time.
Im not sure if its normal on these tahoes.

If anything on the belt drive is out of alignment or wobbly it create additional resistance, a stretched out belt, bad tensioner not keeping belt tight. Add any of that to the extra strain from the compressor....maybe your root

OP
OP
A

Azpro1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I actually just got done replacing bank 2 lifters. Cylinders 2 and 8 were partially spun in the lifter tray causing issues.