2014 PPV in progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timbert75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought it 2 years ago and have already put 100,000 miles on her. Made some slight modifications.

1. Clear coat started failing so I had hood and roof wrapped satin black.
2. Added grill with LED running lights and bull bar.

IMG_2322.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought it 2 years ago and have already put 100,000 miles on her. Made some slight modifications.

1. Clear coat started failing so I had hood and roof wrapped satin black.
2. Added grill with LED running lights and bull bar.

View attachment 264304

Welcome from Miami Beach Justin!

Nice PPV! The hood and the top look good wrapped. Seems your PPV was well maintained before you got it. Looks like it was highway unit.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a used on one ebay. Then I used stainless steel nutserts to attach it back to the roof. Needed a way to carry our SUP's and surf boards.
Was it difficult to line up, or did it tend to just land in the right spots on the roof?

I'm thinking the same thing for thecopcar. I have a 16 foot wooden kayak I need to use more often.

OP
OP
T

Timbert75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Justin!

Nice PPV! The hood and the top look good wrapped. Seems your PPV was well maintained before you got it. Looks like it was highway unit.
Was a Supervisors unit from a Sheriff's Dept. in Texas. Lucked out for sure.

OP
OP
T

Timbert75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was it difficult to line up, or did it tend to just land in the right spots on the roof?

I'm thinking the same thing for thecopcar. I have a 16 foot wooden kayak I need to use more often.
Not hard at all. Laid it out first with some 2 inch wide painters tape and then marked it out before any drilling was done.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I added my roof rack, I purchased a nutsetter kit from Amazon, which is a must. To get measurements right, I found a Tahoe with the factory rack and took a bunch of measurements from all angles. Ultimately you assemble the rack with the middle crossbars and place on roof. With the help of a friend, it kind of finds its way to wanting to be straight.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I added my roof rack, I purchased a nutsetter kit from Amazon, which is a must. To get measurements right, I found a Tahoe with the factory rack and took a bunch of measurements from all angles. Ultimately you assemble the rack with the middle crossbars and place on roof. With the help of a friend, it kind of finds its way to wanting to be straight.
I figured something like that. It just settles into place, and drill there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne