2014 PPV..AFM Delete Kit Installed - Bully Dog Tuner - More Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John177

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 2014 Tahoe PPV a few months ago. Lifter on cylinder 1 went likely due to AFM. I decided to go with an AFM delete kit. Also decided to go with a tuner instead of reprogramming the ECU. Bought a 40410 Bully Dog tuner. I spent an hour with a Bully Dog tech (after initial SD card issues) and set up the program correctly. Engine idles low (580 rpm range), and it "stutters" through the low RPM range up until around 2,000 rpm. After 2,000 rpm it runs strong. It doesn't matter if I'm cruising at 25 mph or 70 mph the engine still stutters in 1,000-2,000 rpm range. Anyone have any previous experience with this issue?

I've reached out to Bully Dog, and have uninstalled and reinstalled updated software already to no avail.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didnt know bully dog did anything w/ our rides.
they didnt have the best press w/ diesels back in the day.

might be worth a call to Black Bear. they are vendor here
if they can help, maybe bully dog will give you refund

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did the AFM delete kit include and who did the work?

On GM trucks I would only be using HPTuners for a real tune

OP
OP
John177

John177

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Full AFM delete kit including new cam, lifters, etc. My local shop did it. They've been around for over 20 years and know what they're doing. I'm a mechanical engineer and normally do engine work myself. Just don't have the time right now and needed it done quickly. I bought an HPTuner today at your recommendation 1BAD. I haven't heard anything from Bully Dog which is surprising. I bought it through a third party site and will be returning it. I'll update the post if the HPTuner takes care of it or I figure out the problem.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bully dog still doesn't have good reviews, even today.
Did you get the credits for hp? Or are you buying the device, then purchasing a tune from someone else?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full AFM delete kit including new cam, lifters, etc. My local shop did it. They've been around for over 20 years and know what they're doing. I'm a mechanical engineer and normally do engine work myself. Just don't have the time right now and needed it done quickly. I bought an HPTuner today at your recommendation 1BAD. I haven't heard anything from Bully Dog which is surprising. I bought it through a third party site and will be returning it. I'll update the post if the HPTuner takes care of it or I figure out the problem.

What camshaft did you use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts