2014 cadillac escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FAB-Design-Cadillac-Escalade-1.jpg

FAB-Design-Cadillac-Escalade-2.jpg
:hmmm2:

Polomintus

Reaction score
I think 2010_5thgen did have a point, they did actually say they would cancel (rethink).

GM did made noise about cutting full size SUV right at the point that all three car manufacturers futures looked crap (2008/9?). They (GM) then actually shutdown some production plants and retooled them towards building the volt, again, all at the time they were scared of their future. While full sized SUV production plants, HAVE been reduced, the future is there, not doubt. I mean, its like selling milk, most people today drink the 1% half fat ******, but your always going to have a market for full fat, full cream yum!!, the same with Full Sized SUV's, the market is there, because thats where the money and prestige is, you can't sell SUV's for 60k+ and not call them full sized SUV. Crossover is just a buzzword for mid sized SUV, it will be replaced with something else (name wise) and we'll not give anymore of a shit than we do now.

They (the internet lurkers) say that GM's new Northstar engine series (5.3 and 6.2 not sure) DHOC V8's with variable Valve Timings are going to be scrapped.. And GM are sure that the power increase from their V6 range will cover the lower end V8 bracket, again and fuel decrease and power increase from these units seems to be worth the effort. However, a turbo deisel is long overdue to be honest, if anyone as driven BMW's and Audi's V6 turbo Diesels, your'll know what i mean.

All of the above is taken from watching the net, and may consist of % of crap, but is sounds about right to me in the direction they're heading. Point is, Full sized SUV's are flagships, WTF would they do without them?

some BS links i look at:

GM cancels Full Size SUVs:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/officia...-cadillac-escalade-to-remain-truck-based.html

Back to work GM:
http://www.leftlanenews.com/officia...-cadillac-escalade-to-remain-truck-based.html

GM cancels new DOHC V8's:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/03/gm-cancels-new-dohc-v8-engine-program/

crap:
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/0...-gm-next-generation-pickup-truck-engines.html

Last edited:

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
The Volt is manufactured on the same the facility the Cruze is -- Lordstown, Ohio. They're practically the same car. The only reason that plant got retooled then it's because they finished production on the Cobalt. The Cobalt finished production mid-2010. The HHR plant in Mexico was closed down because of poor sales and no planned replacement. Besides, the HHR was just a Cobalt +400 pounds. It's life also ended in 2010. These 2 facts alone discredit the first half of your first paragraph.

The next point is, Northstar is dead, and has been for a few years now.

If GM really wanted to compete with Ford's Ecoboost they would slap their twin scroll turbos on the 3.6 DI engine they pumps out 300+ bhp naturally aspirated. Think it can't be done? Look at GM's 4 cylinder lineup. They've been doing it there for 4 years now with the 2008.5 Cobalt SS. They're still using it now (Sonic, Cruze, Regal, ATS, etc). I still stand by my 5.5 DI V8 statement. GM had already said they're going there since they have noticed 20+% increases in bhp and mpg.

Biggest reason they said no to supercharging is emissions. That's exactly why they dropped the LSJ after MY2007 and developed the LNF that first debuted late MY2008. They've been doing this longer if you count Saab. Only reason I bring this up is because the L61 started with Saab's 2.0t, and then spawned the LSJ, which was mated to a Saab F35 trans. This is the start of the Ecotec engines. Then came the LE5, the beginning of the second generation of Ecotec. The VVT from LE5 was put on the L61 and was called LAP. Additionally, LE5 got destroked and (dual scroll) turbocharged, thus creating the LNF, which GM Performance did make a stage 1 kit for and up power to as much as 290bhp/340btq depending on the application (this hi of power was on the auto trans Solstice, Sky, and HHR SS. The lowest configuration was Cobalt with 290/290. GM knows what they're doing with air compressors, direct injection, and variable valve timing. Get ready, because this is the future of GM's V8s.

Last edited:

Polomintus

Reaction score
The Volt is manufactured on the same the facility the Cruze is -- Lordstown, Ohio. They're practically the same car. The only reason that plant got retooled then it's because they finished production on the Cobalt. The Cobalt finished production mid-2010. The HHR plant in Mexico was closed down because of poor sales and no planned replacement. Besides, the HHR was just a Cobalt +400 pounds. It's life also ended in 2010. These 2 facts alone discredit the first half of your first paragraph.

The next point is, Northstar is dead, and has been for a few years now.

If GM really wanted to compete with Ford's Ecoboost they would slap their twin scroll turbos on the 3.6 DI engine they pumps out 300+ bhp naturally aspirated. Think it can't be done? Look at GM's 4 cylinder lineup. They've been doing it there for 4 years now with the 2008.5 Cobalt SS. They're still using it now (Sonic, Cruze, Regal, ATS, etc). I still stand by my 5.5 DI V8 statement. GM had already said they're going there since they have noticed 20+% increases in bhp and mpg.

Biggest reason they said no to supercharging is emissions. That's exactly why they dropped the LSJ after MY2007 and developed the LNF that first debuted late MY2008. They've been doing this longer if you count Saab. Only reason I bring this up is because the L61 started with Saab's 2.0t, and then spawned the LSJ, which was mated to a Saab F35 trans. This is the start of the Ecotec engines. Then came the LE5, the beginning of the second generation of Ecotec. The VVT from LE5 was put on the L61 and was called LAP. Additionally, LE5 got destroked and (dual scroll) turbocharged, thus creating the LNF, which GM Performance did make a stage 1 kit for and up power to as much as 290bhp/340btq depending on the application (this hi of power was on the auto trans Solstice, Sky, and HHR SS. The lowest configuration was Cobalt with 290/290. GM knows what they're doing with air compressors, direct injection, and variable valve timing. Get ready, because this is the future of GM's V8s.

Appreciate the (decent) clarifications on that post btw, I knew of lot of it was sparse but worth mentioning that they (GM) were making noises about full sized SUV's and their futures.

Cheers POLO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne