2013 Suburban, rattle or tapping noise from the right rear wheel well area.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I found it because I noticed there was a little ring of rust around the last spot weld in the wheel well seam. I though, what the hell and clamped a vise grip on the seam for ***** and giggles. That stopped it. Here is a short video of it. After I put my phone down I just bent that seam until it stopped making noise when I wiggled the vise grip. Put it all back together and went for a ride. All quiet in the Burb again.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found it because I noticed there was a little ring of rust around the last spot weld in the wheel well seam. I though, what the hell and clamped a vise grip on the seam for ***** and giggles. That stopped it. Here is a short video of it. After I put my phone down I just bent that seam until it stopped making noise when I wiggled the vise grip. Put it all back together and went for a ride. All quiet in the Burb again.

EUREKA!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

Glad you found it... sucks that you went to the trouble and expense of the body mount before finding it... but atleast it's fixed.

Also, thanks for following up and posting the solution here... so many threads where the OP never returns to report a solution.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Glad you found it... sucks that you went to the trouble and expense of the body mount before finding it... but atleast it's fixed.

Also, thanks for following up and posting the solution here... so many threads where the OP never returns to report a solution.
I was not happy to have dropped $95.00 on body mount parts only to hear the noise before leaving the driveway. Plus, I am the only one here that could make it happen when parked by bouncing just right in the back. Made it hard to find. Seeing that tiny rust ring gave me the idea. I just happened to wiggle the vice grip just right and it made noise. I was like “THATS IT!”

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was not happy to have dropped $95.00 on body mount parts only to hear the noise before leaving the driveway. Plus, I am the only one here that could make it happen when parked by bouncing just right in the back. Made it hard to find. Seeing that tiny rust ring gave me the idea. I just happened to wiggle the vice grip just right and it made noise. I was like “THATS IT!”
Good sleuthing there George!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeskarS