2013 PPV Trickery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tfi racing

tfi racing

Reaction score
Pretty cool. I wonder what other features are out there that we don't know about. Got any pics of that ppv?

Cheaped out and just went with some old satin black I had laying around for the hood and satin trim paint for the bumper,the rest of the body is far from mint so not much sense in making the extra effort right now, may wrap it later anyways.

20190509_203500.jpg 20190509_203542.jpg 20190509_202843.jpg

Joeyhosmanole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cheaped out and just went with some old satin black I had laying around for the hood and satin trim paint for the bumper,the rest of the body is far from mint so not much sense in making the extra effort right now, may wrap it later anyways.

View attachment 223119 View attachment 223120 View attachment 223121

Nicely done, I dig the flat black. I've toyed with the idea of achieving something similar with bed liner paint for a bit of a rugged look.

My SSV had the door pop device still in tact on the rear driver side when I drove from auction. Cool feature, but I converted the interior to civi and donated the cage and related parts to an Oklahoma Sheriff's office.

After removing the door pop device I had to restore factory wiring to the door lock by removing an upfitter splice.

Had to something similar to restore the horn, reverse lights, and brake lights.

Joeyhosmanole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What did you do to get rid of the smell?

Oh man the smell was incredibly offensive, I believe this reason alone is why this beast was retired as it's in excellent condition otherwise.

I converted the interior to civi by removing the cage and related panels and replacing with OEM seats, door panels, etc. from ebay/cl.

To address the odor while converting I removed everything from the interior floor; front seats, vinyl floor, and padding. Then scrubbed the bare floor and all exposed trim and panels with with degreaser to remove every bit of K9 dander/dust/hair/slobber, degreased the vinyl floor, shampooed the padding, gave everything a good vaccum, shampooed the headliner and cloth front seats, Lysol bombed the interior through the exterior vent intake with the heater & a/c on full blast (literally a full can of Lysol), and installed an after market cabin filter (apparently GM didn't make this feature standard but a very simple aftermarket kit exists). Then put everything back together including oem center console and 2nd and 3rd row leather benches. Looks cool with the vinyl floor and is a unique configuration I think.

All this combined with restoring brake lights, reverse lights, horn, rear door locks, etc. took probably a total of 40-60 hours over about 4 or 5 months before finally making the beast an every day driver. Still doing some improvements now and again, such as removing the antennae hardware and plugging the holes, removing the roof lettering, etc.

Every once in awhile on a high humidity day I can sense remnants of dog odor, probably from vents or the headliner. But the odor is 99% gone.

PPV-Monster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats lots of work, good job! I remember 2 -3 years ago I was very close to buying a K9 PPV from Gwinnett county near Atlanta, but thankfully someone outbid me :happy107:

Joeyhosmanole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats lots of work, good job! I remember 2 -3 years ago I was very close to buying a K9 PPV from Gwinnett county near Atlanta, but thankfully someone outbid me :happy107:

Sometimes I wish the same happened to me. My wife and I love driving the SSV but we're thinking of a change already and although we may recover cash spent I'll never recover the sweat equity.

OP
OP
tfi racing

tfi racing

Reaction score
View attachment 225794 View attachment 225687 Picking up a few parts tomorrow from the local truck wrecker, black leather wheel with audio controls,brushed vent panel with DIC switch and A-pillar moldings with a few other small parts for $125 or so. Giant clumps of dog hair were hidden behind all of this, good idea to pull all of this out and give it a good vacuum and wash in your effort to kill that dog smell, just after I took this pic, knocked over my beer and spilled the better part of a can on the seats,just one more aroma to add to the mix. They also had a few decent heated leather seat sets there, tempted to yard out the dog box...

View attachment 225687

20190628_192804.jpg

Last edited:

Dvlngo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Needs a bit of work, bumper cover,hood and most of the plastic bits under them,easy fix.Rest of truck has normal smell, wear and tear for a K9 unit. Pulling out most of the wiring left behind but keeping the door popper, I'll just put it on a push button for now. The only thing they forgot to remove was a pair of Federal Signal Rumblers, will be posting them for sale if anyone is interested.

View attachment 221366

View attachment 221364 View attachment 221365
This PPV could be the twin to my PPV if not the same where is this photo taken? A weird coincidence. Did you find anything more out about the door popper

Dvlngo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 225794 View attachment 225687 Picking up a few parts tomorrow from the local truck wrecker, black leather wheel with audio controls,brushed vent panel with DIC switch and A-pillar moldings with a few other small parts for $125 or so. Giant clumps of dog hair were hidden behind all of this, good idea to pull all of this out and give it a good vacuum and wash in your effort to kill that dog smell, just after I took this pic, knocked over my beer and spilled the better part of a can on the seats,just one more aroma to add to the mix. They also had a few decent heated leather seat sets there, tempted to yard out the dog box...

View attachment 225687

View attachment 225795
Whenever happened to this PPV? looks identical to mine, scratches and dings and everything is there any updated pictures? Such a weird uncanny resemblance in vehicles

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whenever happened to this PPV? looks identical to mine, scratches and dings and everything is there any updated pictures? Such a weird uncanny resemblance in vehicles
Unfortunately tfi has not been here since Sept 2021. Another forum member disappearing without a trace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094