2013 AFM DISABLE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preston123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking to do a AFM delete on my 2013 Yukon 2WD with 5.3L V8 it has 123,500 miles approximately and it has been serviced regularly with 3000 mile oil changes and everything that was recommended. But I did notice that it burned one hole worth of oil when I checked the oil before the last oil change.

So I was looking for recommendations for AFM delete I am just looking for a plug and play type thing into the computer port of the car.

Also have you guys noticed any negative impact on your gas mileage after a AFM delete?

VWbuge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been searching for this for a while. Do you want to DELETE or DISABLE?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^x2^^ on a Black Bear Performance tune (~$650). Yes, you can buy an AFM module that will stop AFM functionality for MUCH less money, but you won't get any additional benefits, like better motor performance and better transmission performance, and simply much more fun to drive (if driving is fun for you).

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to do a AFM delete on my 2013 Yukon 2WD with 5.3L V8 it has 123,500 miles approximately and it has been serviced regularly with 3000 mile oil changes and everything that was recommended. But I did notice that it burned one hole worth of oil when I checked the oil before the last oil change.

So I was looking for recommendations for AFM delete I am just looking for a plug and play type thing into the computer port of the car.

Also have you guys noticed any negative impact on your gas mileage after a AFM delete?

Disable I think would be the cheapest option. I think the leading requires rebuilding the motor partially.

Cheapest option, no drawbacks other than being without a PCM for a few days: https://www.lt1swap.com/afm_delete.htm

Easiest option, but requires babysitting a dongle (remembering to remove when not in use for extended periods, removing and completing drive cycles before inspections, etc.): https://www.rangetechnology.com/products/afm-dfm_disabler/

If you're considering a tune to improve driving characteristics or even more power, go for that and have AFM disabled in that tune- kill two birds with one stone.

When I had mine disabled but was otherwise stock, I might have lost 1-2 MPG on the highway. That tiny loss is nothing in comparison to the cost of burning a quart of oil (I only run synthetic) and the subsequent damage burning oil causes in the engine. Since deleting AFM with a performance cam and other mods, I now get the same and often 1-2 MPG more on the highway than with AFM, but with a lot more power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt