2012 Yukon xl denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the above vehicle. It is leveled and have 33” BFG k02 285/70/17 E rated... for help on Offroad trails.. and anti puncture strength

what options do I have for shock absorbers? How can I get better on pavement handling (less lean in the cornering)

I could Potentially move up to 18” , but not bigger... I drive over gravel and stone... so having extra sidewall is a priority

d

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the above vehicle. It is leveled and have 33” BFG k02 285/70/17 E rated... for help on Offroad trails.. and anti puncture strength

what options do I have for shock absorbers? How can I get better on pavement handling (less lean in the cornering)

I could Potentially move up to 18” , but not bigger... I drive over gravel and stone... so having extra sidewall is a priority

d

Are you running the factory air ride suspension or have you converted it to a basic suspension? Better handling in turns would be best served by putting in larger sway bars. @Doubeleive has the same rig and I think he has them on his.

OP
OP
D

davidl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot about that, I put in larger front and rear sway bars and yes I have the stock air in the rear auto level suspension

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot about that, I put in larger front and rear sway bars and yes I have the stock air in the rear auto level suspension

Well, my suggestion would be a 275-65-20 which still has a 7" sidewall. A wider wheel might help too.

I'm running stock size KO2s on my original 17 inch wheels and was surprised at how well it handled on the turns, especially on-ramps.

OP
OP
D

davidl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have almost 140k on the vehicle, how long do these shocks last? are there upgrades?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would bet your shock are trash...

I have a stock with 58k that is complete junk, pulls out and in with zero effort.

Look into the bolstering 4600 yellow for stock height or with shock extenders or the 5100 silver for up 2" lift

If not available, the KYB red shock was the stock shock on my 2011 z71 tahoe

OP
OP
D

davidl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would bet your shock are trash...

I have a stock with 58k that is complete junk, pulls out and in with zero effort.

Look into the bolstering 4600 yellow for stock height or with shock extenders or the 5100 silver for up 2" lift

If not available, the KYB red shock was the stock shock on my 2011 z71 tahoe

Can I simply swap? I have air ride in the rear and an electronic connector in the front???

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure but they may come with resistors if they’re passive shocks. I just put Arnott SK2715 on the rear. They still auto level and no dash lights. My rig has almost 140k as well. Wish I had replaced them sooner.

OP
OP
D

davidl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure but they may come with resistors if they’re passive shocks. I just put Arnott SK2715 on the rear. They still auto level and no dash lights. My rig has almost 140k as well. Wish I had replaced them sooner.

the arnott is the OEM replacement.. right?