2012 Yukon XL Denali 6.2L Cam Swap Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Geotrash

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took it out for a couple of solid highway drives today after installing a tru-cool 40K transmission cooler as part of the job. She pulls real strong, and I am thrilled!

It’s a good thing too because we bought a new camper that weighs 5600 pounds that we’re picking up sometime this week.

Thanks to all of you guys who followed along through this whole saga and were so supportive and helpful. When I get a chance, I will update the parts list at the start of the thread to reflect what finally went in after all was said and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Geotrash

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I can't edit the original post, so here is a final parts list for cam swap version 2.0 :)

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Last edited:

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great success, glad to see you got it together. It was a labor of love, bit you did it

OP
OP
Geotrash

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great success, glad to see you got it together. It was a labor of love, bit you did it
Thank you, Jeremy. I'm grateful. It really was a labor of love, and an investment in the reliability and performance of this truck over the long haul. Plus, a day in the garage getting some things done has huge mental benefits for me. In my work, it can take more than a year for something I'm working on to bear fruit, so it's hard to see daily progress. But when I'm working on a car project, I can take pride in making progress every day, even if I'm doing the same job for the 2nd time.

OP
OP
Geotrash

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update almost a week in: Still running great with a quiet valvetrain across the board. Probably half a dozen cold starts this week, some local trailer pulling and hauling the kids around as well. Power is great and still loving that lope. Sounds beastly and my wife loves it! Makes me wonder how long my engine mounts will last though. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989