2012 Yukon/Weird Electrical issue????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chughart

Reaction score
hey guys so i have a 2012 yukon xl denali and it did something really weird when i was leaving work this afternoon. i hit the unlock button and the lights came on showing its unlocked. well i go get in it and its completely dead like the battery is dead. so i go back into work and grab a jump box and hook it up and it starts right up. so i get back in and drive away and then when the door locks locked (getting to whatever speed makes them lock) the acceleration got sluggish and the CEL blinked and the blind spot monitor error problem popped up and then everything was fine. didnt have any issues at all driving until i got home i put the thing in park and turned the key off and the doors unlocked and all power went away again.

i didnt know if any of you have seen this to maybe put me in the right spot to check. any help would be appreciated! thanks guys

chris

OP
OP
C

Chughart

Reaction score
So after looking into this issue and thinking of what it did, I started checking the grounds going to the body/engine and the battery cables (engine was replaced a month ago so figured something was left loose) and low and behold I found the braided ground strap going from the block to firewall was loose and now everything works!

Just figured I’d post back that I found it lol

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after looking into this issue and thinking of what it did, I started checking the grounds going to the body/engine and the battery cables (engine was replaced a month ago so figured something was left loose) and low and behold I found the braided ground strap going from the block to firewall was loose and now everything works!

Thanks for following up!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yep these things are super finicky with electrical power, it would have been the 1st suggestion "check grounds"

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen on the way home from a day trip with the family. Cruise would cut off when I used the blinker. Then got worse and worse, radio would cut off, finally died in the driveway and it turned out the positive cable was loose from when I attached the battery tender cables and didn't tighten the positive all the way.

Gsheller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found this thread because I have a 2014 Denali XL that suddenly started having similar random electrical gremlins. Ended up being a loose battery cable clamp. (barely loose - i could move it a tiny bit with my hand) Pretty sure I know how to tighten a cable clamp, but there it was! So doesn’t hurt to check that first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe