2012 Yukon SLT New and need help! Drivers side leak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KurrieredesTodes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I have been searching the forums for a while, and I have tried all of the suggestions that I seen. I have a leak that is coming in and down the column A wiring and to the floorboard. It seems to only do it when I am faced downhill. I cleaned the channels, cleaned the drain holes, even had the windshield removed resealed and replaced. I have soaked the sharkfin, the roof rack channels , and the door seals. Only when I let the water run over the top of the windshield was I getting the leak when parked downhill.

Here is a picture and video of what I have when I removed the headliner to find the issue before I replaced the windshield.

Open to any other suggestions.

20190326_155438.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shark fin on the roof is leaking. You can get a new seal and use a little rtv around the hole.

OP
OP
KurrieredesTodes

KurrieredesTodes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you Big Mamma,

I ordered a new shark fin, added rtv around the hole, waited a few hours for the rtv to cure before doing a water test. it seemed like it worked.

last night we had a storm, and this morning more water in the drives side floor pan and the foam is saturated. I pulled the A column and there is no water sitting inside that it rolled down from the top.

I'm so frustrated with this!

anyone else have any ideas.

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry that didn’t fix it but I’m surprised. if you have a sunroof check around it sometime you’ll see leaks on the headliner but not usually. there are lots of YouTube videos on it. If that’s all good next is the windshield. Pull the A pillar cover and have someone outside spray with a nozzle, preferably from above. Last is in the cowl area there’s a drain that can get clogged up. YouTube video once again.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I had a constant leak on the driver side floor bed before I narrowed it down. When you open the driver door make sure the tubing on both ends with the wires inside are flushed into the frame of the door and the opposite side as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14