2012 Yukon - Low Oil Pressure and Low Tire Inflatio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andymoler58

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought this truck back in August. It's now saying the oil pressure is low but there's more than enough oil in it. I added an extra quart to see if that would get the sensor to turn off. The car has 155k miles on it.

Also, the tire pressure sensor keeps coming on even though the tires are inflated properly. Any ideas on how to get that to turn off?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this truck back in August. It's now saying the oil pressure is low but there's more than enough oil in it. I added an extra quart to see if that would get the sensor to turn off. The car has 155k miles on it.

Also, the tire pressure sensor keeps coming on even though the tires are inflated properly. Any ideas on how to get that to turn off?
You need 2 extra quarts to rule out the o-ring. And or point it downhill. The next obvious thing is the sensor itself needs changing. Do you have a scan tool to pull codes with?

The government mandated the TPM system, it cannot be turned off. You probably have a sensor that needs replacing. A bi-directional scan tool can pull these codes and tell you which one failed and why. If one has failed, the others aren't usually far behind.

Welcome to the forum btw!

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is in the wrong model year forum, someone likely will be doing to fix it.

The oil pressure could be the sensor, the screen below the sensor, or as Swathdiver pointed out the pickup tube o-ring. To test that O-ring, some park the truck face down on a hill (or steep driveway) and make sure it is 2 qts overfilled. When running in that state, if the pressure returns to normal, then the O-Ring is bad and need replacing.

I would replace the sensor and screen first. There are YouTube videos showing how to do it. Without watching the how to clips in YouTube, unless you are a very experienced mechanic, it is going to seem really difficult.

Take it to a tire shop, they can find the bad sensor and relearn/replace it for you. If one tire pressure sensor is bad and you don’t have records showing them being replaced fairly recently, set some money aside for replacing all of them pretty soon.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oil level isn't oil pressure, be sure to differentiate those. Sounds like your level is good. Ditto what @wsteele noted.

You may also want to temporarily install a manual oil pressure gauge to read it directly from where the sender connects.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972