2012 Yukon Denali strange noise after truck turned off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Sound isn't coming from the shock, but a leaky air bladder on the shock could be causing it.

When my shocks leaked I couldn't hear the air leaking and could only tell by spraying soapy water on the bladder and looked for bubbles. Also by squeezing the air bladder 15-20 minutes after shutting it off it wasn't firm anymore.

The air bladders should feel firm, even the next day before driving it and starting it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m curious to see what you find out. The suspension settling is the only thing that makes sense to me. Maybe take a tape measure right after you turn it off and measure to the top of a wheel well and watch to see if the truck is going slowly down.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the vehicle is parked on a level surface then it has to be the suspension falling, you may not feel it or even visibly see it because it is probably in millimeters.
try a jack like I suggested and get a spray bottle and fill it with soapy water and start spraying all over and look for bubbles.
I suspect the air is leaking out and by morning time before the vehicle is started the bladders are low, but thus far no report back

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going with metal contacting. I hear the exhaust tinking as well which is normal. Do you have an infrared gun? If so, check the rotor hat temperature (surface has to be painted or dull, shiny won't work).

I'm thinking a hot rotor is shrinking and/or heat soaking. I'd also check lug nut torque to make sure your not dealing with that issue. You could also test your pit stop skills and quick zip off that tire when you get home and see if it changes or goes away.

If it goes away, then spread some antisieze on the hub where the wheel centers to encourage easier thermal expansion between the rotor and the hub.

Let us know what you find out

jdwood1111

Reaction score
Try engaging the emergency brake and see if it changes anything. Almost sounds like a creaking e-brake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972