2012 yukon denali oil gauge problems please help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gshnvh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So today when I went to go drive in the morning as I was getting down the block my oil gauge slowly started going up and up till it hit 80 and stayed there for a while. Then about after 10 mins of driving it completely dropped to 0 . I have no idea what's wrong. it has oil and doesn't feel like its driving bad or different . If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This thread being in the 2021+ section, why not see the dealer for warranty work? Or are you driving something else? (what? the 2012 Yukon in the thread title?)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today when I went to go drive in the morning as I was getting down the block my oil gauge slowly started going up and up till it hit 80 and stayed there for a while. Then about after 10 mins of driving it completely dropped to 0 . I have no idea what's wrong. it has oil and doesn't feel like its driving bad or different . If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Time for a new pressure sensor. Change the screen underneath it too.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what swathdiver said.... replace the oil pressure sending unit and the screen with it.
Not a horrible job, but you'll need some experience. Or just hire it out... Every mechanic has done at least 2 of these. really common

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts