2012 Yukon 6.2 Denali with AFM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
WOW!!! I am starting to learn what the tech2 clone from aliexpress $250 shipped to my door is capable of, I have never had a diagnostic tool this powerful before and knowing that china is also cloning the STAR SERVICE diagnostic tool for MB might have changed my mind on keeping our last S500 but oh well. It will take time to learn how to use it and what it is capable of but plugging it into the 08 denali xl1500 and scrolling through all the system modules/and potential trouble codes specific to each module was amazing. Now i guess ill have to get an alldata subscription and i can now provide my own extended warranty!

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, But i have stopped buying into the whole warranty "mindset". Used car warranties are "extremely" good at "excluding" high cost known to fail components. Read the fineprint! I realize there are success stories as quoted above, But knowing at some point you will be driving the vehicle with simply trust in the vehicle to get you from point a to b! Might as well start now, Just keep some cash stashed for the repairs and "walk the walk" you are driving a beautiful car that someone else lost their butt on buying it new! Reap the benefit's as planned and embrace the fact that you dont have a warranty, Trust me when i say that warranty companies dont want to repair your vehicle, Statistically they know that the car should cost them less in repairs than the cost of the warranty. How else would they prosper?

(Not directed at you)

READ THE WHOLE WARRANTY CONTRACT

When I bought mine, even from a real dealership, right there in the warranty it explicitly stated that they wont cover repairs beyond the price of the warranty. So literally I was just giving them money to hold in case something broke, if it exceeded whatever cost I paid for a warranty it was coming out of my pocket, technically I was paying face value for repairs that may or may not happen

No I did not get the warranty

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
(Not directed at you)

READ THE WHOLE WARRANTY CONTRACT

When I bought mine, even from a real dealership, right there in the warranty it explicitly stated that they wont cover repairs beyond the price of the warranty. So literally I was just giving them money to hold in case something broke, if it exceeded whatever cost I paid for a warranty it was coming out of my pocket, technically I was paying face value for repairs that may or may not happen

No I did not get the warranty
I've never heard of THAT before! Good thing you read it. Dealers and their"warranties":rolleyes::manos:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Here’s a little diddy I discovered about our Service Contract (SC). It’s Not a warranty, not a CPO, It’s a different animal based on you maintaining your vehicle with proof of doing so. In 2014 we rolled from our purch mileage of 96k to 100k. The 08 Denali XL AWD was taken to a GMC dealer for the 100k maj serv.

The Company/Broker that sold us the AUL SC is Automotive Product Consultants at 800-839-7940 in Chesterfield, MO.

The Administrator of our SC is AUL at 800-826-3207 in Napa Valley, CA. Oddly another Admin handles all other claims outside CA.

The finance company is called PayLink Direct @ 800-839-7940. It was $445.34 down and $148.46 for 2yr until the $3,761.00 SC was PIF. It was 0% int until paid.

The AUL SC we purchased is tiered at the Estate level or the highest available.

We forgot about the SC until a dealer gave us a list of $2.5k in needed repairs along w/ the sub $1k in just the maj serv chg’s. I remembered about the SC two hours later and it paid $2.5k in repair NO Q’s ASKED. It was the first service, made on time and the dealer soaked them for new radiator, pan gasket, trans main & engine rear main seal and 1 motor mount.

It was paramount we followed the factory sch maint or AUL would have grounds to deny future claims. They tried to stick us w/ a Chinese rebuild Alt and failed. Told them their recorded line served as a recorded statement they were knowingly installing a substand’d part endangering my family if they lost elect power on a mount rd. in a 6k lb SUV. They caved and installed fact new alt lifetime warr for $1k ... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Broke it in two bcs it was so wordy gurdy ...

The Denali air bags were also covered! I had to recant my story and tell them rear bags failed 1st, then compr failed on way home. They tried to avoid paying for bags & compr together bcs I didn’t have the bags fixed 1st and that killed the compr.

Lastly my p/s rack leaked at the boots and the d/s exh mani had a leak. 100% covered but they tried to give me a junk Chin rack. They waived my $100 deductible bcs I threatened to go to the dealer and get them fleeced on part & labor costs. Another $1h off since they paid for alignment I was getting for free. The $2h upgr to an AC Delco reman rack was covered. I had to pay $765 for outer tie rods, 2.5 hrs to rmv a broken exh stud, oil change, TPMS replacmnt and press coolant syst for yet unknown leak. The SC paid $1.4k to the Indy shop. The dealer would have got them for at least $2k.

I have until the 14th of this Mo in coverage. I’ll get them to pay for front crank seal and both rear axle seals at the discs. They offered TO EXTEND THE CONTRACT! It was the same price and coverage but for half as long at 2 years. Nope, I’m ahead at least double what I paid. If was painfully difficult working with AUL near the end. It was worth it bcs I saw most of their BS b4 they threw it.

If u opt for a SC make sure it covers known problems for your year. A/C comp’r? Torque Conv? Rear A/C & heat? Must cover gaskets! Is there a labor cap set for dealers? Does the contract tap out at what you paid? Ours covered air compr and bags but no a/c Comp, odd!

The SC is good, but it’s a tool you have to use religiously and know how to wheel like a sword occasionally. You got to hold them to the contract not to what they say. After all, they do the same for you right?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Here’s the fine print on the AUL service contract. They don’t like the to get out because people can shop them better.

ee3165eac1294b5be361726db58735b5.jpge1a9e04072fe99e2f381a5610d3339a9.jpgbf59c43bb2afe5b91833cb2334a1d48b.jpga2aa0ba230ee6104f8fa5289bfbaefad.jpge35b61fb1dca23a3e87c41b1cfbd56e4.jpg

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Had the local Indy tech look the truck over 1 day before the contract ended. They paid out $1,867.25 for another new radiator (both end tanks cracked after 4 years), both rear axle seals, rear diff seal and one other item. Got them to step up another $85 for an OEM radiator vs generic since they used OEM the first time.

I told them how nice I was for not taking it to the dealer again and saving them thousands. The Supv’r laughed and said that’s funny, I’ll do it for that reason alone. In the end $3,750 service contract paid out over $11,250 in covered repairs. Win if you take truck to dealer for first two years. At that point you can threaten to take truck back to dealer rates and part pricing if they try to give you Chinese crap on replacement parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts