2012 Yukon 6.2 Denali with AFM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$3400 sounds like the higher end warranty that's basically a bumper to bumper and covers all the little bells and whistles, they usually offer 3 different types of warranty, the cheapy one that covers stuff if it breaks before it's expected life (not if it breaks otherwise), then there is the middle of the road one that covers basically the drivetrain no matter how it breaks, then the higher end one that you were quoted. best choice is the middle one

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Just my opinion, But i have stopped buying into the whole warranty "mindset". Used car warranties are "extremely" good at "excluding" high cost known to fail components. Read the fineprint! I realize there are success stories as quoted above, But knowing at some point you will be driving the vehicle with simply trust in the vehicle to get you from point a to b! Might as well start now, Just keep some cash stashed for the repairs and "walk the walk" you are driving a beautiful car that someone else lost their butt on buying it new! Reap the benefit's as planned and embrace the fact that you dont have a warranty, Trust me when i say that warranty companies dont want to repair your vehicle, Statistically they know that the car should cost them less in repairs than the cost of the warranty. How else would they prosper?

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great Bob. Yes, it is good practice to inspect and operate the spare tire hoist at least once or twice a year. Mine failed too last year. Mobil 1 oil is Dexos approved. Run top-tier 91 or 93 in your Denali. Exxon is pretty much the best with Mobil a close second. Sunoco isn't bad either. Record your mileage readings and see which works best for you. Around here Shell is terrible but a fella in high altitudes does great with it. Get a Tech-2 so you can work on it. Keep the fluids clean in it and use GM OE or ACDelco Professional parts.

You'll see tons of posts by me and others repeating the part numbers and quantity of fluids for the differentials, trans, transfer case, etc. Same for plugs, wires, air cleaners, etc.

Im not sure if i can even ask for your advice on a reliable source to purchase the TECH2, Absolutely no liability implied in your response but what seller did you use?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me when i say that warranty companies dont want to repair your vehicle, Statistically they know that the car should cost them less in repairs than the cost of the warranty. How else would they prosper?

It's true. I used to be a service advisor and the warranty companies always have loop holes so they don't have to pay for anything. I used to spend up to 45 minutes on the phone with warranty companies and rarely did I ever have one pay out.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
depends on what warranty you buy and from who that's what I tried to explain above and tech2 clones are all over ebay about $300

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I know starnge question, just wondered if there was a trusted ebay vendor. They are all shipped from and returned to china, there are horor stories of non existent customer service, fake reviews and the like. OBD2eshop/chinacardiags are the two i have been contemplating. im probably not going to be able to get a reputable reference buying a clone from china!LOL

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I selected a vendor with good reviews and that happened to be on Ali Express. I think Mark @Rocket Man bought his from a US Vendor and Wes and some others have made purchases fairly recently too. A couple of weeks ago I heard of the first instance of poor/dishonest service.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I selected a vendor with good reviews and that happened to be on Ali Express. I think Mark @Rocket Man bought his from a US Vendor and Wes and some others have made purchases fairly recently too. A couple of weeks ago I heard of the first instance of poor/dishonest service.

Thanks for your response, I would like to use a US vendor even if there is some markup. This forum has made it evident that the ability to run diags, control modules, scan modules is absolutely a necessary fact of owneship. Im just scared that ill get the TECH2 and wont be able to operate even half of it's potential! But at least when i ask questions ill be able to comply with the troubleshooting advice.

OP
OP
bobsr

bobsr

Reaction score
did you buy the warranty? if not I would get the "drivetrain" warranty option which is usually the middle of the road warranty price wise, usually they run around $2k, mine paid me back to the tune of $13k. total gamble but well worth it. If you didn't get it when you made the purchase then you normally can still purchase it within a certain time period.
and where's the pictures????? post some up lets see this baby :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts