2012 through 2014 Yukon Denalis.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I agree, many issues with these motors are from poor maintenance or none at all, the second is poor oil quality as in cheap oil. I run Mobil 1 in all my cars. I also do oil analysis on each vehicle. Some cars beat up the oil worse than others. But on my Gm LS motors 5000 miles is my target and the oil is still golden brown with good oil analysis recommending 7500 mile intervals?! I still stick with 5k but don't lose my mind if I am over. If I were using a quality Dino oil 3500 would be my number. Remember a quality filter is as important as the oil. If it's not caught in that filter its in your oil making the oil abrasive causing wear.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 5k miles on the oil in my Denali. Purchased with 134k miles and not certain how the prior owners maintained the vehicle. Oil is golden amber now so it's going in for the free oil change at dealer with 28% on OLM thursday.

Prevention is cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kracker456