2012 Tahoe LTZ Cabin Blower Motor Type

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All, first time posting here and looking for some guidance. My 2012 Tahoe LTZ cabin HVAC blower motor is "chirping" when it runs. Clearly the motor bearings are failing and the blower needs replacing. I ordered a replacement from 1Aauto.com and when I removed the blower shroud from my vehicle (it is in the footwell of the front passenger seat) it looked slightly different. 1Aauto was great about processing a refund, stating that my blower has a "detachable vent tube" and the ordered part has an integrated vent tube. These parts are not interchangeable. Does anyone have any intel on this difference or how I might go about replacing the motor myself? Happy to provide pictures if that would clarify. Thanks in advance.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

Pictures that you offered to post for your issues, as well.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your response, Joseph. Will upload truck and part photos soon. Stay tuned and thanks in advance for any guidance. Be well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2