2012 Tahoe. I need to know that wire under the dash that will supply 12v while in reverse.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know #1 ground works, #7 lights with test light. But it won't fire up my phukin dash cam for some reason. Grrr.... :biggun:

I'm gonna gout out and poke around with this again in about an hour. :baby:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better yet, I am assuming pin#8 has to be fused in some way? If I can track down a fuse in one of the fuse panels that is a "RAP" feed I can just tap in right there at full amperage? The plan was to keep all wiring in the cab but it looks like I will have to just run them under the hood like I did before when everything worked as needed. I feel naked without my dash cam running.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok FALSE ALARM, I AM AN *******.

Apparently I forgot about a voltage converter I had to install when I tapped into the under hood fuse panel. It converts 12-24 V to 5V. I was just going over the old wiring and found the converter and realized I was a total dumb ass. And the cam unit must have a safety feature not to turn on with too much voltage. So I installed the converter in with the 1 & 7 pins and it fires right on and off with the key. Works perfectly.

@Galante sorry for all the ********, you a good man, and I thank you again. I owe you one. Works great now. ;)

Reaction score
Ok @Galante my man I am having issues here. I am hooking the IGN and GRND pins to run my dash cam. And I am pinning ACCY to feed the signal to my sub amp. The sub works fine, comes on and off with accy like the HU does. Perfect. BUT, my dash cam is not firing up. I am getting a hot test light on the IGN pin. To me that says the GRND pin is no good? BUT, when I was installing the connector on the GRND pin (It's like playing that ******* "Operation" game) I bumped the pin below it, whatever that is for, and it sparked. And now the bottom pin is not hot anymore. I have no idea what that pin is for or where the fuse is for it. Not that I need it for anything, just saying it was a casualty and I don't know what may or not be affected by it. BUT that must mean the ground pin IS good????? Do you follow me? Halp? Maybe it is not enough amperage to power the dash cam? It must, the wires in the power cord are **** hair size... :confused::confused:o_O
You might want to check the 15a fuse that feeds pin 2 (under the ground pin the you said sparked when testing). It's located in the engine compartment fuse block, position #52.

The 30a fuse for pin 5 is located in position #37

The 10a fuse for pin 7 is located in position #54

Just an FYI in case needed

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might want to check the 15a fuse that feeds pin 2 (under the ground pin the you said sparked when testing). It's located in the engine compartment fuse block, position #52.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

I will thank you.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

You nailed it. 52 fuse was blown. Thanks man.

Reaction score
Where is this power module located?? 2014 Yukon
In drivers side foot well, to the left of the brake pedal. Has a black plastic cover held on with a plastic body type fastener in the middle

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You !! I've haven't had to access that for any reason yet !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts