2012 Tahoe electrical system turning on/off while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pokytahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought this Tahoe in July. Driving home yesterday everything would turn off, including power to the engine, then turn back on real quick. Did this five times. Few hours later I left home and went somewhere equal distance, didn't happen, drivey back home and nothing happened either.

I read online it might be negative battery cable, or the 175 fuse on the battery or the connection to that fuse which suit right on the positive terminal

On a side note my Tahoe has a fairly large opening the driver side front part of engine bay. Anyone know what that opening is for

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those areas of concern you brought up are where I was going to recommend looking first starting with negative cable.

Some of these trucks, I believe the PPV versions (police versions) had dual batteries so the extra tray (open area) is for that if you wanted.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
battery ground and be sure the fuse box is in place securely, if the fuse box is out of place it can cause no start's, etc.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 13 LTZ has the extra battery tray.....

All NNBS (07-13) have the extra tray I believe, but the PPV are already wired for a second battery, I think? I believe suspension, mounts and electronics are modified on the PPV. They never have a 3rd row either I think and I'm guessing always bench in the second.

Reaction score
Yes, @Pokytahoe , like the other posters said on this thread, I had the exact same thing happen to me in my 12 Tahoe and it was the negative battery cable. It would also be a good idea to ensure any ground straps you have are clean and tight. As for the large area on the driver's side of the engine bay, yes, that is for a second battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9