2012 Suburban LTZ Callaway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

livinnmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool ride!

Those are Denali wheels (model CK375) from the same generation of truck. They are really popular and there are plenty of OEM and aftermarket replacements available if you wanna keep the style. But, both OEM and aftermarket versions are known for the chrome pitting and flaking off if you drive in the salt. It's wheels on a 6-lug GM vehicle- the options for OEM, aftermarket, chrome, painted, powdercoated, are almost limitless. As for aftermarket, I forget which has (or had) the best warranty- OE Wheels or Factory Reproductions.
Thanks for the info. I like the Denali wheels but like you said the chrome may not last very long. Especially with the winter salt on the roads.

OP
OP
L

livinnmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice ride and glad to have ya here!

Those are GM accessory wheels for that generation and were available in 20 and 22 inch diameters. They have a 31mm offset while most of the newer generation wheels run a 25mm offset.

What other features identify this truck as a Calloway CS450?
Other than the super charger the the LTX is pretty standard. Instead of the suburban badging it has callaway logos and CS450 in the interior. I am pretty amazed with the CS that I am getting 20MPG on the highway.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! Where do these callaway editions come from? Do they roll off the lot supercharged and if so are the covered under factory warranty? Pretty cool

OP
OP
L

livinnmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice truck! Where do these callaway editions come from? Do they roll off the lot supercharged and if so are the covered under factory warranty? Pretty cool
Thanks. The callaway was an aftermarket addition. The chevy dealers sell them with the full factory warranty.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a sweet ride. I would love a SC but will probably stay with the NA 6.2. I deal with the pitted chrome wheels on mine. I replaced one of my wheels (it was just a touch out of round).

BarryvG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions
If you are OK going to 20"x9"s, you could save a fair amount of weight, as many are in the low 30lb range. There's even one black wheel on tirerack.com that's 26lbs for a 20x9. vs mostly over 40 for the 22"s. Most of the aftermarket & even OEM wheels are "cast" in China. The better ones are forged/rotary forged, but you can sometimes find them lightly used on Craigslist/Facebook by typing in 6x5.5, or 6x139.7, which is our bold pattern. Offsets are also something to keep an eye on, so the wheel/tire combo doesn't rub, and if you don't want to have to lift the ride. Lower weight is also a factor for the less aggressive looking tires (like a 275/55/20), as some can be in the low-to-mid 50lb range. That's a little harder of a search. But with the supercharger, or stock, enough people say it's important to find a light a combo as possible, so it takes less HP to get the wheels going (unsprung weight), unless you're a more serious off-roader & need a more mud-type tire. But I can't tell how much the removal of weight removes how many 1/10ths of a second in the 1/4mile. They say a lighter combo can also reduce braking distances, which could be important IF you're towing. I guess it can all get a little rabid when you're trying to improve acceleration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low

Latest posts