2012 nav screen brightness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

handstr

Reaction score
my nav screen doesnt have the contrast and brightness on the screen or when i hit menu in reverse. the dealer told me that its not an option anymore. is this true or they don't want to order another one?

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
I'm able to adjust the brightness with the interior light switch, but haven't tried from the stereo itself.

OP
OP
handstr

handstr

Reaction score
even in the manual it says when in reverse you can hit the menu button and the two soft keys come up.. but the dealership told me that was suppose to be taken out of the book. and the only options are day, night and auto and there is no way to change the brightness unlike the previous years.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes there is. Select AUTO. Then use your dash dimmer and the lights on your NAV will dim.

AaronIROCZ

Reaction score
even in the manual it says when in reverse you can hit the menu button and the two soft keys come up.. but the dealership told me that was suppose to be taken out of the book. and the only options are day, night and auto and there is no way to change the brightness unlike the previous years.

Are you talking the brightness of the back lighting on the whole Nav unit itself or just the backup cam portion?? I can adjust the brightness of the back lighting with the dimmer knob but I can't make the back up camera image brighter as it is too dim for me to see properly during the daytime.

OP
OP
handstr

handstr

Reaction score
yes im talking about the image itself. its so dim its hard to see. any other year you can hit the menu button while in reverse and change the brightness of the image, not using the dimmer switch on the left of the steering wheel

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my nav screen doesnt have the contrast and brightness on the screen or when i hit menu in reverse. the dealer told me that its not an option anymore. is this true or they don't want to order another one?

handstr,

Would you please PM me your VIN, so I can look into this further for you?

Louis
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman