2012 LTZ - 3M Dark Tamo Wood Vinyl Dash Wrapping WOW!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey quick question. Probably ,gonna order some of this to match my2006 Denalitrim. I have a small spoton the top of my steering wheel where the dye is coming out of leather and really want the woodgrain steering wheel but I can't find any. Would I be able to use some if this wrap on my steering wheel? Maybe just as an easy option til I find the wheel with woodgrain that I want?

OP
OP
Mester320

Mester320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not think that you would be happy with the result. I would take the money you would spend on the vinyl and put it towards the wheel you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burbin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see vids of this being done

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not think that you would be happy with the result. I would take the money you would spend on the vinyl and put it towards the wheel you want

Interesting thought. Thank you for the input. I don't have a problem spending more for the steering wheel that's custom with the woodgrain made. I just can't find any. Been looking for months. The guy @ autowoods sent me a pic of one he had just done but I wasn't sure I was sold on it. The woodgrain sections looked fantastic but I don't know that I liked the way his leather portions looked. Anyways still looking for the wheel but I ordered some of the 3M wrap that came closest to what the wood in my 2006 Denali looks like. Finally 3 weeks after ordering it got delivered yesterday. Opened it up and I like the look. When my truck gets back from getting a new transmission this week I'm gonna check out doing the section where my cup holders and cd changer are. They are grey plastic. I'm not a fan. And starting to have small chips in the grey. So I'm gonna wrap that and see if I like the look. And then maybe the little plastic covers around the back door window switches if I have time. Will post some pics up when it gets done

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been going back on forth on wrapping the wood in my Denali, but I think you may have just convinced me to do it. My only concern is the steering wheel and center console wood trim that Denalis/Escalades have that Tahoe/Yukons don't...

The question is... Do I keep it classy like your wood wrap, or do something wild like the trim in my E34?...

e34trim_zpsxt7iuqji.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11