2012 LT crunch sound.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When backing out turning the wheel all the way left, I get loud crunch sounds when the right front wheel goes down over the rounded curb and then when it goes back up.

No sounds when driving straight.

Any ideas? 150k miles 2012 LTSound

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When backing out turning the wheel all the way left, I get loud crunch sounds when the right front wheel goes down over the rounded curb and then when it goes back up.

No sounds when driving straight.

Abyss ideas?
What year and model? Mileage?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2012 LT 150k miles
Thanks - that helps because these trucks are equipped differently in terms of suspension components depending on trim level. If it only happens at full lock, then it's likely grinding against the stop as the suspension moves. If so, it's normal given that these usually have a little corrosion on them by now.

If it also happens when the wheel isn't fully locked, then I would suspect another cause - could be sway bar links, a ball joint or a wheel bearing. Best thing to do in that case would be to get it up on jack stands and inspect visually, and rock both wheels side-to-side and up-down to look for play in either the wheel bearings, ball joints or tie rod ends.

Known wear items on these that will often need replacing around your mileage include: front wheel bearings, upper and lower ball joints and sway bar links. The sway bar links usually go first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287