2012 hybrid battery .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a 2012 Yukon Hybrid. This would be my 3rd Yukon and first Hybrid. Am hearing that the Hybrid Batteries may no longer be available. Any information on Hybrid batteries or Hybrid service (software upgrades) would be appreciated,
Thanks

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you can get it for pennies on the dollar I wouldn't go that route personally. You are jumping into a limited run build, extra systems that need specialized tools/equipment, etc. And, IF you can't even get the benefits you are buying it for because of potential battery supply problems, then save yourself the headache and buy a regular yukon.

Sometimes less is more.....

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
batteries are still being made by the factory for Toyota, they own a major % of it, they produce the gm pack as well. dealers might fight you about it, but I'm told if you place the order about 3 weeks a new pack shows up. price I've heard is 4k plus 1k core charge. no clue on install. it is a complete pack, so while heavy, it's like 4 bolts, one plug and 2 wires to swap.

aftermarket green bean will come to you and swap out the battery with a refeb cell battery. last I saw posted was 2700 total. these hybrid batteries take the same cells as a prius, just more of them. they will. pretty much never be hard to get.
you can also buy 2 used prius packs and build one of ours with left overs if you're really diy.

there's a company selling lithium cells as well, bit unproven, but interesting enough. priced in the middle.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
batteries are still being made by the factory for Toyota, they own a major % of it, they produce the gm pack as well. dealers might fight you about it, but I'm told if you place the order about 3 weeks a new pack shows up. price I've heard is 4k plus 1k core charge. no clue on install. it is a complete pack, so while heavy, it's like 4 bolts, one plug and 2 wires to swap.

aftermarket green bean will come to you and swap out the battery with a refeb cell battery. last I saw posted was 2700 total. these hybrid batteries take the same cells as a prius, just more of them. they will. pretty much never be hard to get.
you can also buy 2 used prius packs and build one of ours with left overs if you're really diy.

there's a company selling lithium cells as well, bit unproven, but interesting enough. priced in the middle.
it's 2900$ for a green bean battery now they jacked up the price

also hybrid2go limited service areas raised the price 2399 for silverado ,2699 for tahoe GMC is 2499 Caddlic is 2499

+200 off coupon

weird prices considering they're all the same battery.. i'm sure installation on the silverado is a bit harder as it goes threw the door and not the hatch. i would just order a battery pack from the collision center they can provably get you a better price for a new one.. and it will last another decade

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC