2011 yukon 4x4 transmission issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeffRoberts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so wife was on the way home from work other day and the yukon didnt want to get over 65 then lost power. She pulled over and check engine light was on. i pulled code it and it talked about a solenoid closed. i cleared it and drove it fine for a few miles then it started slipping bad. I got it home on trailer and realized the dip stick tube was broke. I replaced it checked fluid it was a little low put about a quart in. Now its making a weird grinding noise when running. It when take gear and pull fine sometimes. Then sometimes doesn't want to take gear and acts like its slipping. is transmission gone?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
How many miles, and what is the maintenance history.

How did the dipstick tube break?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many of the earlier trucks had broken dipsticks, they had a recall on them that expired years ago. Anyway, the OP might get away with rebuilding the solenoids on his kitchen table but it may be too far gone and need rebuilding.

OP
OP
J

JeffRoberts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Believe the dipstick got broke from a oil change didn't realize it at first yukon has 258k

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
If that’s the original fluid and filter at 258k it is probably toast. Was it ever changed?

The challenge you’ll face is every shop that looks at it will recommend a replacement. Nobody wants to back up a repair on a high mileage trans.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May be time to find a quality transmission shop and let them have a look.

I would plan on a reman transmission, if it were me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011