2011 Tahoe Z71 with 129,000 miles. Buy or no??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bcox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at a 2011 Z71 with 129,000 miles. High miles for its age but seems to be taken care of based on the Carfax. Reg oil changes, transmission fluid changed, etc... they are asking $16,987. Also noticed on the backup camera there were no direction lines. Basically no lines to guide you in. Was this how these were? Just a camera to show you what’s behind you or is it supposed to have the lines? Buy or no buy.... thank you in advance to those that respond.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Looking at a 2011 Z71 with 129,000 miles. High miles for its age but seems to be taken care of based on the Carfax. Reg oil changes, transmission fluid changed, etc... they are asking $16,987. Also noticed on the backup camera there were no direction lines. Basically no lines to guide you in. Was this how these were? Just a camera to show you what’s behind you or is it supposed to have the lines? Buy or no buy.... thank you in advance to those that respond.

The most important thing with these trucks is maintenence. If you have decent service records you can be fairly confident. Where are you located? How does the undercarriage look? 2011 is a solid year for the most part.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most important thing with these trucks is maintenence. If you have decent service records you can be fairly confident. Where are you located? How does the undercarriage look? 2011 is a solid year for the most part.
I'm terrified of an AFM failure....period

Found me a 2011 Silverado with 80k but can't bite the bullet lol

CreepinDeth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
$17,000 for a 2011 with 129K on it ???

Just so you know, I just spent $5,000 on a mint 2002 LS 4x4 with 129K on it, and 1 week after I bought it
the oil pump failed, and the engine had to be replaced. Why?? Replacement of oil pump required 20 hours
of labor to pull engine, and I demanded a replacement engine with the shavings, etc.

Engine ran without oil pressure then the clunking started.. So it can happen !!!!

I think it's unwise to spend 3x as much just because it's a few years newer. Mileage is ultimately the considering factor in how much the trucks durability is remaining. This one was barely driven for 17 years, and very clean and well maintained. So you're only paying 3x the price for "Newer" design, but same vehicle basically unless it's an LT loaded with a bunch of accessories that are prone to failure soon anyways.

Here's the 2002 I bought, that got a replacement engine for free under warranty with 110K.
Rims & Tires off a 2018 Tahoe for $750
5FJmtFql.jpg

As for Bluetooth, & backup camera. That's a $300 addition to any of these trucks.
$20 rear backup camera off Amazon 5 star rated, and Double Din Stereo for ~$200.
Hell I even installed the rear sensors for proximity for only $20 shipped from Hong Kong.

ID8hLnLl.jpg

Bill D

Reaction score

Bill D

Reaction score
Depending on where you live it and the price sounds like a great vehicle.

buck91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good price for my area. I just spent significantly more than that on our 11 with 93k. But it is in fantastic condition and needed nothing other than the typical base lining of fluids that I’d do on any used vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddawg

Reaction score
My 2013 SSV was $8000 this summer. 120K miles, and probably well maintained by city of Denver. Of course, not many deluxe features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos