2011 Tahoe LTZ/Evil Spirit Episode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sundancer

Sundancer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went and got a new battery today after checking all the terminals and connections everyone suggested. I replaced a Bosch 48 month battery that was exactly 4 years old.
Also replaced my fog lights and my license plate lights that were out.

Thanks for the good advice !

OP
OP
Sundancer

Sundancer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing well and dealing with the skyrocketing gas prices. I wrote awhile back here because I was having an issue with my truck that I had never experienced before. I took all of your advice and purchased a new battery a few days later. I want to thank you for your knowledge and for your expertise, the truck has not had one issue since. Everything is working just like the day I bought her home 11 years ago.................Again, thank you much !

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t commute anymore so my fuel usage is way down to about a tank a month. Glad to hear the battery fixed your issue. Sometimes it’s the basics.

davidavidd

Reaction score
This usually happens when the BCM momentarily loses power while the vehicle is running. Check all the cables under the steering wheel and move them back and forth looking for anything loose.
It could also be a cable rubbing against a metal part and causing a short to ground (I can't quite remember right now but there is a bulletin that applies to any Tahoe 07-14).
If the vehicle kept running and the engine didn't die the problem is most likely inside the cabin and not under the hood, good luck searching and please share here if it happens again.

Side note: Watch out for rodents o_O, when they eat the cables the vehicles start to go crazy too.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This usually happens when the BCM momentarily loses power while the vehicle is running. Check all the cables under the steering wheel and move them back and forth looking for anything loose.
It could also be a cable rubbing against a metal part and causing a short to ground (I can't quite remember right now but there is a bulletin that applies to any Tahoe 07-14).
If the vehicle kept running and the engine didn't die the problem is most likely inside the cabin and not under the hood, good luck searching and please share here if it happens again.

Side note: Watch out for rodents o_O, when they eat the cables the vehicles start to go crazy too.
Be said a new battery fixed the issue and he’s had zero problems since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep