2011 Tahoe LTZ battery goes dead because of intermittent draw on battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gearz

Gearz

Reaction score
Yes I did check the trans wiring and it has a newer wire strap and no wires were pinched. This sounds like a module because it happens like clock work just sitting there.

LiteUrEyes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time for a thorough cleaning of all grounds and battery cable replacement. The battery cables corrode from the inside out. Search "Big 3 upgrade" here for the deets.
After, chasing the wire down that had a short, pulling the fuse box and cleaning the contacts, it seems to have been my simi-new battery that was dang near dead. It was less than a year old. Got a new one under warranty and not a lick of trouble in over a week, which is a great report.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After, chasing the wire down that had a short, pulling the fuse box and cleaning the contacts, it seems to have been my simi-new battery that was dang near dead. It was less than a year old. Got a new one under warranty and not a lick of trouble in over a week, which is a great report.
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for following up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter