2011 Tahoe LTZ - Air Ride suspension...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jpm922

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate that suggestion and will give it a try.
I believe the compressor in the vehicle is the original factory compressor. I have a new Dorman compressor and two new Vigor rear air shocks coming in today but hate to spend the time and money swapping them out if it is not the problem (Free returns on the Dorman & shocks). Probably wouldn't be a bad idea regardless, since my Tahoe is a 2011.
Sorry for the duplicate post. Im a newbie !

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appreciate that suggestion and will give it a try.
I believe the compressor in the vehicle is the original factory compressor. I have a new Dorman compressor and two new Vigor rear air shocks coming in today but hate to spend the time and money swapping them out if it is not the problem (Free returns on the Dorman & shocks). Probably wouldn't be a bad idea regardless, since my Tahoe is a 2011.
It’s an easy swap. When you swap the rear shocks, go back in and double check the harness connections on your rear wheel speed sensors that are on top of the frame rail. It is very common for those to get bumped and give you an error on the dash board. This is so common that Arnott actually puts a warning/reminder in their instructions.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
FWIW my failure of the system was the vent solenoid on the compressor assembly. I would just install the new compressor and new shocks and be done. That Dorman compressor is a good unit and you have it in hand. Your factory one is likely near the end of it’s life. It will probably fail at the most inconvenient time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission