2011 Tahoe heated seat issue with remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justbabs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2011 Tahoe has an issue with the heated seats lately. Temps here have been in the single to negative digits, so getting into a cold leather seat isn't pleasant. When starting the truck using the remote, the driver's seat doesn't heat up, the pass seat does. Both work fine once the truck is turned on with the key. Kinda defeats the point of using the remote start. Perplexed.

OP
OP
justbabs

justbabs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine just started doing the same thing, I found a burnt connector under the passenger seat.

View attachment 215529
Did you replace the connector to fix the issue? or something else? If it was the passenger seat, it wouldn't be a big deal for me, but the driver's seat is an issue. Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that tomorrow. It seems to be an intermittent problem, so it's tough to nail down.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The module that make the drivers seat work is under the passenger side, it controls both front seats. I am in the process of replacing the connector, but I got the wrong wire terminal so I have to wait for the proper one to arrive.

OP
OP
justbabs

justbabs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The module that make the drivers seat work is under the passenger side, it controls both front seats. I am in the process of replacing the connector, but I got the wrong wire terminal so I have to wait for the proper one to arrive.
Where did you find the connector? I was gonna look at pulling the wire from the connector and replacing the end, if it turned out mine was burnt as yours was. Then the issue becomes, why did it burn in the first place, without blowing a fuse? I'm hoping it's just a loose connection somewhere, as the problem comes and goes. Will know more when I dive into it tomorrow.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The connector is available through Amazon, but I am having a hard time finding the terminal. The ones I got are wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny