2011 Tahoe battery draining

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jroyer87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a little help! Got a 2011 Tahoe LT Z71 with 113k. For some reason the battery keeps draining for no reason I can find. I’ll go out to start it and dead as can be. Can’t find where anything was left on. It jumps right off and I’ll have zero issues with it. It happened twice in 2 months. I’ve also found when this happens they drivers side vents will blow hot air even when turned down to 60. I’ll have to turn the car on and off and jack with the ac temps. After a few times it goes right back to normal with no issues. I’m dumbfounded on this one. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Need a little help! Got a 2011 Tahoe LT Z71 with 113k. For some reason the battery keeps draining for no reason I can find. I’ll go out to start it and dead as can be. Can’t find where anything was left on. It jumps right off and I’ll have zero issues with it. It happened twice in 2 months. I’ve also found when this happens they drivers side vents will blow hot air even when turned down to 60. I’ll have to turn the car on and off and jack with the ac temps. After a few times it goes right back to normal with no issues. I’m dumbfounded on this one. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You say it has happened twice in 2 months so roughly once a month.

When this happened did the truck sit for a longer period of time than it normally does?

My suggestion would be to get your battery load tested first.

Then the next time it happens, instead of hooking jumper cables up to it, try wiggling your battery cables up near the battery and see if it will start on it's own.

The cables on these trucks are prone to corroding internally and causing a host of different issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98