2011 suburban-what is this button for?

looking to buy a 2011 z71 burb. can you tell me what this button is for?

• leveling adjustment?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • payload adjustment?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • towing adjustment?

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is an original part to add to the dash,the ones i sold too had the harness there already there from factory. never had the customer come back that didn't have the harness. i would think it would work but i don't know for sure.

The wiring harness they had was not for this but for an aftermarket controller. You can read about these in the upfitter's manuals. GM is adamant that one cannot add this controller to their truck if it did not already have RPO JL1. Of course, we know anything can be done if someone is willing to pay for it, but the expense would be astronomical.

Looking at pics for another post, I came across this in my folder. Did you sell them this too?
20180808_164403.jpg

This is the module (computer) for the ITBC.

Last edited:

dmad1

Reaction score
well i am a newbie, i didnt mean for that to go out as a poll question. i really want to know what its for? my 2002 doesnt have this
Looks like the switch for a brake controller. Top left lever lets you control it manually. The Plus and Minus lets you add or subtract power to the trailer brakes so they will automatically adjust the amps to the brakes. If they don't feel like they are engaging enough stopping power, add some. Hook up your trailer and find a place where you can test how much stopping power you need on your trailer. Do a search on YouTube for videos on setting up your trailer brakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie

Latest posts