2011 SSV Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my SSV, I have that same connector under dash. Fortunately, the power to the rear of the behind the trim panel was live. In my case, I used it for powering a amplifier for the stereo. Additionally, I got my DIC switch from a bone yard for less than $20.

OP
OP
K

ka7woc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bill, Thanks for your reply. I have keys and fobs coming. I will try programing one of the keys as the rig is now. When I get the DIC panel installed I will do the fobs.
Okay on the wiring, your comment makes sense.
Thanks again.
Well.........I have the keys, fobs, and the DIC switch. I removed the access panel and found the DIC wire bundle neatly stored as designed. However when I plugged the switch in and ran through the options, no key/fob programming option appeared. I am guessing maybe this is not available by design? Hoping someone has a workaround. I discovered that if I use the key to unlock doors the horn alarm goes through it motions until I start the rig.
I also am looking for a location for these guys (attached images) 12 V 50 Amp

Attachments

• IMG_1845.jpg
    IMG_1845.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to program the key fob to unlock my doors without the DIC. using the reset button for the trip meter there was an option to relearn the fob

OP
OP
K

ka7woc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was able to program the key fob to unlock my doors without the DIC. using the reset button for the trip meter there was an option to relearn the fob
Thanks
I tried this and no joy. Apparently this doesn’t work on the SSV models. I may be forced to go to a dealer

OP
OP
K

ka7woc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well.........I have the keys, fobs, and the DIC switch. I removed the access panel and found the DIC wire bundle neatly stored as designed. However when I plugged the switch in and ran through the options, no key/fob programming option appeared. I am guessing maybe this is not available by design? Hoping someone has a workaround. I discovered that if I use the key to unlock doors the horn alarm goes through it motions until I start the rig.
I also am looking for a location for these guys (attached images) 12 V 50 Amp
I found a home for these 50 amp guys. Took a while, there was a wire assembly with sockets behind glove box that accepted them.

OP
OP
K

ka7woc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The car dealer I bought the rig from 'found' another key and fob so I am good with that for now. I cut out the dash panel for the DIC switch with favorable results. So I am good there as well.
The cruise control won't set. I have switched out the brake switch with no improvement. If the rain lets up I check the fuse under hood.
Haven't messed with wiring yet.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
For mine I had to replace the clock spring wire to the steering wheel because the cruise set button would not work.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
def need to see a pic of this lil set up with the fridge
Psst. Over here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu