2011 'Nali AUTO LOCKING!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLBrooks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long Story, so please bear with me.

So we stopped at a gas station a couple of days ago and obviously got out to put gas in the 'Nali. Couple of minutes later the wife got out and "CLICK" all the doors lock. Insult to injury, BOTH sets of keys are inside. Mine on the seat and hers in her purse, along with both phones etc. Oh forgot to mention, we were over 100 miles from the house. So after we had the locksmith come and lets us in, she tells me this has happened before, at the house.

So, has anyone ever had their "Nali's just do the AUTOLOCK on them? What could be causing this as there is not setting I can find that does this.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when the door is open and u touch the lock button it will lock automatically when u close it

Reaction score
No setting that I know of, but if you hit the door lock button when getting out it won't lock the doors until 5 seconds after the last door is closed.

The only automatic lock/unlock settings in the DIC are for when you are driving or put in park or key out.
192596949b188710a13a2e062aff14b1.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long Story, so please bear with me.

So we stopped at a gas station a couple of days ago and obviously got out to put gas in the 'Nali. Couple of minutes later the wife got out and "CLICK" all the doors lock. Insult to injury, BOTH sets of keys are inside. Mine on the seat and hers in her purse, along with both phones etc. Oh forgot to mention, we were over 100 miles from the house. So after we had the locksmith come and lets us in, she tells me this has happened before, at the house.

So, has anyone ever had their "Nali's just do the AUTOLOCK on them? What could be causing this as there is not setting I can find that does this.
yeah that is why open the window if i have the engine going with the door closed or the keys inside

It does it at lest once or twice a month ugh

camaroz2887

Reaction score
My ‘10 Tahoe does exactly the same thing. Haven’t even begun investigating but will b a lot more careful about leavin my keys in there now.

Aren’t these trucks equipped with sensors to tell if the key is in the vehicle before locking? Could’ve sworn I tried locking the door with the keys inside but not in the ignition and it immediately unlocked.

sorry I’m no help but ur not the only one!

Edit: re-read goofeyguy’s post under lockout safety. Guess i was slightly off and doesn’t apply.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ‘10 Tahoe does exactly the same thing. Haven’t even begun investigating but will b a lot more careful about leavin my keys in there now.

Aren’t these trucks equipped with sensors to tell if the key is in the vehicle before locking? Could’ve sworn I tried locking the door with the keys inside but not in the ignition and it immediately unlocked.

no it has no to way sense the key or fob on it's own, only if the key is in the ignition then it will ding at you.
if you are not accidentally hitting the lock button then not sure what would cause this to happen
if you have a active onstar account they can unlock it, or do like I did and add a aftermarket alarm system mine has 4g so it's almost impossible to get locked out unless there is no cell service, even if managed to lock the keys and phone in the truck I can unlock it from a computer or a phone call

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone is accidentally hitting the lock button. It could be a faulty lock button but then it should happen at random other times too, like while the truck is running or just sitting.

Reaction score

Edit: re-read goofeyguy’s post under lockout safety. Guess i was slightly off and doesn’t apply.

If you have the key in the ignition and try to lock the door it will immediately go back to unlocked. I did this one time when I was messing with something and couldn't figure why it wouldn't stay locked, the lock kept popping right back up. Then I realized the key was still in the ignition.

Artie16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my 11 denali has done this to me as well. now I just make sure I keep the keys on me or put the window down. Left us locked out at Cape Henlopen State Park. had to have a buddy come with a break in kit