2010 Yukon Denali Hybrid Suspension (MAGNERIDE)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what you experienced is normal for these trucks, we see the shocks start to wear out as soon as 80k some go a bit longer. Sometimes people do not even realize the system is not working right and do not even bother to look. When they do then they find it's all blown out. The next gen k2XX are known to be even worse and start to wear out as soon as 40k the front shocks get hard and make a rough ride, the air bladders on the rear start to leak air and then the pump burns up from running so often.
I can definitely feel the difference when it is not working right myself, when it is working right the ride & handling is pretty nice so it's worth it to keep the system instead of trying to defeat it and save a few bucks.
interesting that they get harder. I'm at 139k on an 2011. probably worn but I have nothing to really compare to. it's smoother than everything else I own lol. you say 80k is about the life expectancy huh

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interesting that they get harder. I'm at 139k on an 2011. probably worn but I have nothing to really compare to. it's smoother than everything else I own lol. you say 80k is about the life expectancy huh
80k is when "some" of them will start having problems, front shocks leaking fluid, rear shock bellows blown out or leaking air, pumps start to fail or the relief valve won't open or they leak internally, I haven't seen the gmt900 one's get harder per say but the k2XX have a lot of reports of them freezing up and just making the ride super rough